Beginners and Beyond

2013 Dash to the Finish 5K and NYCM RRs: The Dockets Do It Again (Read 95 times)

TakeAHike

I'm glad you and hubby had a good time in NY.  It is cool that you were able to meet up with lilflute86, lilac_jive, AprilRunner and others.  I'm sorry to hear that you are still dealing with pain, but you managed it very well.  The Queensboro Bridge is definitely not my favorite either.  It doesn't seem that steep, but it is just doesn't end. I didn't think about air quality, but I can see that being an issue as well.  I also wondered when I was going to find this "early exit". It seemed to take forever. Congrats on completing another marathon and on your husband's 5K. I'm going to see if I can get my wife to start running in 2014.  It looks like you two had a lot of fun running together.  

2013 goals: 800m: 2:20 | mile: 4:59 | 5k: 18:59 | 10k: 39:59 | HM: 1:32 | Marathon: 3:20

Great job, D, glad you had fun.

This may be a dumb question, but how can air quality be poor on a particular bridge?  (Traffic? A waste treatment facility?  Stank-ass water below?)

Congrats to Mr. D on the 5k as well.

hog4life

Foot massage? That's funny! Congrats.

Docket_Rocket

Great job, D, glad you had fun.

This may be a dumb question, but how can air quality be poor on a particular bridge?  (Traffic? A waste treatment facility?  Stank-ass water below?)

Congrats to Mr. D on the 5k as well.

Not sure but all I remember from being on that bridge that it was closed up and felt musty and crappy.

maybe the fumes stay in?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

workinprogress11

Congratulations to you and DH!  I really hope you get the pain thing figured out and it's an easy fix.