Beginners and Beyond

WEDNESDAILIES Are Riding That Hump Like <insert phrase o'choice here> (Read 56 times)

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning!

Basya, nice work getting everything in already. I admire your dedication to all aspects of working out. Smile

Gus, I feel the same way. I'll be too tired to do ANYTHING except run, then I'm energized like I just had 4 cups of coffee. I think I drive my husband bonkers in the morning when I come back from a run and I'm all BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH and he's still trying to wake up.

Shari, good luck with your 8. Hope the roads are clear for you.

Kay, tall, dark and sweet. Big grin Nice job getting the run in already.

flarunner, it was probably the humidity. It saps me like nothing else. Good job with the double digits already.

Kristin, great job at spin!

Jess, see you tonight. Smile Wear the tutu!

Bruce, enjoy the lovely run weather. It sounds delightful.

Scotty, great run! Smile

As for me, running with the LRS with lilac_jive tonight. I'm looking forward to the chocolates. I was originally going to run from my house with my friend and my husband was going to pick us up, but we're just going to drive over. My hip is still twingy and I don't want to aggravate it more by running extra. If it was anything but a gimmicky run (where I get FREE SOCKS and I might win a gift card) I would bail.

The good news is, our office's massage therapist is coming in today so I'm going to have her work on it. I think it's my illiopsoas muscle (it's given me trouble in the past) so hopefully she can get in there and get rid of the tightness. It's in kind of an awkward spot but I love her and she's good at what she does so it's fine. Smile

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Thanks for starting off, Basya.  Enjoy the news shoes, hope both pairs work for you!

Hope your 8 miles went well, Step!

You are getting speedy, Kate!   My hill run last night took about the same time as your 5+ miles, but my mileage was way lower than yours, lol.  Yep, I am a slow old doggie.  How do I take my coffee?  I take it...out to the garbage can.  Wink  Gail, on the other hand, loves coffee.  But she politely waits till I leave for work to drink hers, since she knows I can't stand the smell of the stuff.   Good thing for her I go to work about an hour earlier than she does.

Congrats on the 10, flarunner.  Sorry about the fatigue.  Maybe a couple of rest days are in order.

Good luck with the intervals, Sparker.

Jedi, as speedy as you are, I'm curious as to what an "easy" pace is for you.  Probably a speedwork pace for me, lol.  Enjoy your kids activity weekend upcoming!

Lilac, I think you should wear the tutu..and get some photos of you in it to post here. Big grin  Stop by a bar and a chocolate store...this is during the run?  And then you will continue running after each of those stops? That could get interesting... "Uh oh, Jerry, just fell out, he's having a chocolate incident..."

Good luck with the 14, Bruce.  30's....a heat wave for you!

What, April, you will be running with lilac at the group run?  OK, that counts as an FE, so someone BETTER take some Great Legs photos and post them here!  Wink   Sorry about the 'iffy' hip, April..but hey, chocolate and booze should help with that, right?  Won't heal it, of course...but after chocolate and booze, you won't care... Joking

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

StepbyStep-SH

You're a sly ol' dog, Scotty! Glad Gail is enjoying her Y membership.

Kay - I agree, I want all three of those in my .... umm ... coffee. Yeah, we're talking about coffee.

Good miles, though slow. A few places were still icy, but not too bad. And I saw a bunny and a deer - I've missed my early morning wildlife.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I did 7 this morning and I was glad to have done them already because the high today is 86F.  Although, I run worse in the mornings between the 100% humidity and the blahness of the weather.  Blah.

I have court and then off this afternoon to get my allergy shot.  A friend of mine and his wife are coming from NY so we're going to meet others for a happy hour.  Yipee.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Ball of Fury

Happy Wednesday Dailies!  It is SRD for me, but I was supposed to get up and do Shoulders and Arms this morning, but just wanted to sleep in a bit so I did.  We should be able to fit it in this afternoon before we take DD out for her birthday dinner (I cannot believe my baby girl is 4 years old already!!).  Hope everyone enjoys their runs, workouts, abs, and rest days....oh and movie watching for Phil!

Lilac:  I say rock the tutu...it's a V-day run for goodness sake!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

LRB

Riding that hump like a bat outta hell!

Yep, got up late and have been running behind all morning.  That after sittin' on my Rumpelstiltskin all day yesterday, ha!

Anyway, got 6 easy done on the belt w/7 30-second strides @ 5:00 w/1:00 recoveries, and 1 60-second stride @ 5:00 where about halfway through, I got the message: "Unable to maintain target pace".

Yeah that's right boy, whose yo Daddy! 

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I'm glad I'm in good company with people buying more than one pair of the same shoe!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Pinktastic

Good Morning Fabulous People!!

Friday cannot get here fast enough for me!   It’s already been a long week, but at least today isn’t another Monday!

Basya – Nice workouts this morning!   I’m glad that you enjoyed the new shoes!   What color Ride5s did you get?   And, what color are the Intuitions?  Just curious…..   J

Gustav – Congrats on pushing yourself out the door yesterday – sometimes that’s the worst part!    I love it when your run turns things around for you!

Shari – Way to get in the miles early today!    Have a Pinktacular day!!   Except for the icy patches, it sounds like you had a beautiful, scenic run.

Kay – You totally ROCKED that run this morning!   Woot!    Love the spoons!

Flarunner – 10 already?   Wow!   You accomplished a lot at a very early hour!!  Have a great day!

Scott – Have a nice interval workout later today!

Jedi – Hope you have a great run and that you can keep it easy today!

Kristin10185 – Way to get in a nice workout early this morning!    Now that you’ve been to several types spin workouts (strength, speed, etc), which do you like best?   You can’t tell us you got 2 new pairs of shoes and not tell us what colors you got!!    Give us the scoop!!    Pics would be nice too…..

Lilac – Enjoy your run with the LRS tonight!   I say wear the tu-tu!!

Bruce – Those conditions sound wonderful for a nice 14 mile run!  I hope you have a wonderful run!!

Scotty – What a nice run yesterday!!   Sounds like you knocked the run out of the park!!

April – Do you have any of those cupcakes leftover from yesterday?   I could use one or two…..   or three…..    I hope that your masseuse is able to help with your hip today!   Enjoy your run with the LRS tonight!

Damaris – Great running this morning!   Have a delightful happy hour with your out-of-town friends tonight!

AmiK – Happy Birthday to your DD!   Have a wonderful day celebrating her arrival!!

LRB – My brain gives me that same message a lot – and not just when I’m running….    I hope you have a Pinksational day!

I woke up tired this morning and my contacts were not happy with life either.  I seriously considered not running and just sleeping in.  But I dragged myself out for 4.77 miles.   I tried to keep them pretty easy and was "mostly" successful at that.   While I wouldn't say that I felt re-energized after my run, I can definitely say that I don't feel as tired and I'm glad that I got my you-know-what out of bed!

Y'all are doing some great running and workouts!!  Keep up the hard work!!    And, may your next run remind you of all the things you LOVE about running!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Jess runs for bacon

OK OK I will wear the tutu Smile Scotty, yes, we will continue running (at least a good mile and a half after the bar).

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

scottydawg - lately since I've been doing this Daniels plan my easy pace has gotten faster.  Easy pace right now around 8:30-8:40. if I am reaally feeling good a bit faster in 8:05-8;20 range, but that is borderline easy for me and almost moderate pace.

Jedi, as speedy as you are, I'm curious as to what an "easy" pace is for you.  Probably a speedwork pace for me, lol.  Enjoy your kids activity weekend upcoming! 

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

flarunner, awesome ten.

Scott, have fun with the intervals.

jedigunnie26.2, enjoy the easy six.

kristin10185, brava doing such an intense workout so early.

lilac_jive, that sounds like so much fun!

BruceD555, have a great fourteen-miler .

scottydawg, you and DW sound like such a cute couple.

AprilRunner, have fun with lilac_jive. Waitaminute, your office has a massage therapist? I'm jealous!

Shari, I'm happy that you were able to get outside.

Damaris, excellent job running seven already. Good luck with your appointment. Have fun tonight!

AmiK, have a fun rest day. Enjoy your workout. Happy Birthday to DD!

Rick, fantastic strides.

Sarah, sometimes, it's just a relief to have finished something. (BTW, my Intuitions are pink and grey. My Rides are blue, white, and grey.)

I'm finally heading to work. I just spent over an hour at the passport office. I might be traveling outside the US in the fall, so I decided to renew my American passport right now a have it expedited. That way, I can still travel to Israel on the twenty-fifth AND I won't have to worry about it later.

Dailes are riding that hump day like the Sabres are riding golf carts at the end of the regular season.

Gustav - way to get energized

Step - hoping you hit no ice

Kay - a little spooning, huh?  Enjoy your... coffee

Basya - good to hear you like the new shoes

FLA - nice run, the only thing pollinating this area is Lake Erie, flake by flake

Sparker - have fun with the intervals

Jedi - good luck with the 2 quality days

Kristin - "Who needs 2 pairs of the same running shoe in 2 different colors?!" You're asking the wrong crowd...Wink

Lilac - running with a beer, a box of chocolates, and a tutu?  You'll have no shortage of valentines at that rate.

Bruce - enjoy the sun

Scotty - happy anniversary!

April - oh, you're going on the crazy run too, have fun

D - half day, nice

AmiK - happy Bday to DD

Rick - you put the treadmill on tilt?  Nice!

Sarah - way to get out there

Going to head out for 15 or more in a bit, and it's nice enough to unleash a fresh pair of DS-Trainers that  have been waiting for action.  Couponing and a grocery list first though. :/

outoftheblue

Hello Dailies!  I got in 5.2 miles last night -- 4 at easy pace, 1 at goal HMP. Planning on hitting the treadmill for a very easy 3 miles and then it's rest until Saturday's HM. I've turned this from a fun run, into a goal race, so now I'm nervous!

Basya -- I hope the shoes work out for you.  I rotate two pairs myself, but I'm always tempted to try something else.

Lilac and April  -- That sounds like crazy fun.   Enjoy your run together.

Life is good.

@runjerseygirl

Kay - a little spooning, huh?  Enjoy your... coffee

Careful.  Spooning leads to forking.

Do you even run?

Chairman

Careful.  Spooning leads to forking.

Not if the forking comes first.

(I ran 10 easy)

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey