Beginners and Beyond

Time for Thursday Penguins! (Read 6 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Aaaand, it's Thursday!!  I have chorus rehearsal tonight, which will be all kinds of fun.  There were only four of us that went to IES, and my friend whose husband was killed will not be there this Thursday, as she's hosting a remembrance gathering at their house on Saturday.  So, we'll see if the director and two others of us can infuse renewed enthusiasm.  I can tell you that I'm still riding high, music-wise, so woo-hoo!!

I don't think I ever told y'all the end of the friend story, but they arrested an employee of the CVS where my friend's husband worked.  He's 76 and had worked at CVS forever.  He'd applied to be a manager many times, but really wasn't manager potential, so he kept getting turned down.  He sued CVS and my friend's husband had to go give a deposition explaining why he'd given the guy negative performance reviews and had not recommended him for promotion.  My friend's husband had no idea of the outcome of the lawsuit, but apparently it did not go in this guy's favor and at some point he basically snapped and decided murder was the best solution.  My friend is coping far better than I think I would, but the whole situation sucks for all involved.

Anyway.  So what's on tap for Thursday?

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Hi!  Been working from home today but working on a complaint so that took most of my time.  Went to PT this morning and got cupping on my ITB and shoulder, ouch.  Went to OTF and that bike hurt twice as bad with all those bruises from the cupping.

HopesMom, enjoy the chorus rehearsal.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page