Beginners and Beyond

Thirsty Thursday Penguins (Read 26 times)

Docket_Rocket

Ortho Surgeon says its a meniscus tear, so he ordered an MRI, but that will be next week.  Then we can schedule the surgery.  Guess I will keep outsourcing running to DW for next few months.

Ouch, Jerry!  Hope the recovery is fast.  Ask for a bionic knee like Baboon got .

Tell DW that if she wants to run the Michelob 13.1 Chicago in sub-3 time, she can run it with us.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

Jerry - sorry you're going to have to have surgery.  DH has had two bad meniscus tears that required surgery.  In some cases, surgery isn't necessary, but when it hurts a lot to walk, it's a good idea.  The surgery isn't that bad.  Jim took pain killers for only one day (though the doc gave him enough for a lot longer) and was able to walk a mile within a week or so.  The knee healed well and gave him no problems at all (except that it tore a second time four years later during a PCT thruhike attempt.)

hog4life

Jerry, sorry to hear about the surgery. When exactly to you hurt it? Was it the Miami trip?

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Jerry, sorry to hear about the surgery. When exactly to you hurt it? Was it the Miami trip?

That was the good thing.  It happened on the first run after we got back.  Maybe the knee liked Florida and rebelled.

BTW, the nephew in law (fell 3 stories if you missed this) is going to have surgery to screw/fuse his broken verterbrae/pelvis.  He won't have to lay motionless for 3 months and he will be mobile right away, but he will lose some neck flexibility.  The pain is just too great to deal with for 3 months.  Poor guy.  Puts my torn little meniscus in perspective.

hog4life

That was the good thing.  It happened on the first run after we got back.  Maybe the knee liked Florida and rebelled.

BTW, the nephew in law (fell 3 stories if you missed this) is going to have surgery to screw/fuse his broken verterbrae/pelvis.  He won't have to lay motionless for 3 months and he will be mobile right away, but he will lose some neck flexibility.  The pain is just too great to deal with for 3 months.  Poor guy.  Puts my torn little meniscus in perspective.

Today's medicine is amazing!

PADRunner

Sorry to here all the bad news from everyone.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Dang!  I thought I had injury issues.  Take care.

Long drive tomorrow.  Goodnight!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Docket_Rocket

Ouch.  And yes, I missed that story.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Dang!  I thought I had injury issues.  Take care.

Long drive tomorrow.  Goodnight!

Safe trip.  Enjoy Tennessee !!!

Robert31320

Team TJ

Running for TJ because he can't.