Beginners and Beyond

Pre-freeze Friday Penguins (Read 21 times)

GinnyinPA

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

GinnyinPA

We have another warmish day before the weekend refreeze, so I'm planning on doing my long run today. It is only 12 miles (I love cutback weeks) so shouldn't be too bad.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have not run all week between work, laziness and my dad.  No time, really.  6 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

We have another warmish day before the weekend refreeze, so I'm planning on doing my long run today. It is only 12 miles (I love cutback weeks) so shouldn't be too bad.

Pretty much what's happening here, low 40's today, single digits beginning Monday FFS.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Well, on my run/walk last night, I was doing great and then I broke a bone...doggone it! Yep, about the 1 mile point I encounterd an excited dog....and when I reached into my pocket to give doggie a treat... my doggie bone-biscuit broke right in half! tongue emoticon Other than that, very nice 3.1 miles done in McAllister Park, with some sweet weather, sunny, cool, and 67 degrees. Sweeeet!

Today is a rest day and then I have a 5K tomorrow morning.   Weather should be okay.. 44 degrees - a bit chilly for my personal preferences -  but sunny and no wind.  I'll take it!  If we have to have 'winter' this is the kind of winter I prefer...nice and mild!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good Morning.  We are headed to sub zero by Monday.  Going to try to run a mile in it so I can say I did.

5 miles on the track today.  Now we know who the Best Picture nominees are, so we are going to see Room this afternoon.

Have a great weekend !!

Philliefan33

Heading out soon for 5-6. DH got home from his business trip this morning....walking with a cane. His hip is very painful but he can't get in to see his doctor until Tuesday. We've cancelled our plans to spend a few days in the mountains until he can ride in the car without severe pain.

Singer who runs a smidge

Had some trouble getting on to RA this morning, so howdy, y'all!!  I have a meeting for chorus tomorrow, but it's at the public library, so I'm going to score some books too!

Ginny -- enjoy the warmish 12 miles!!

Docket -- enjoy the lazy, the visit, and the 6!!

LRB -- bundle up, man!!

scotty -- Sorry about the broken bone!!  Bet the dog didn't mind, though!!

Jerryb -- eep, bet you're running indoors next week!!

Phillie -- Sorry to hear about DH, no fun!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

LRB

LRB -- bundle up, man!!

That was the old me, but after the past two years, the new me will be on a treadmill. lol

The site was slow for me as well this morning for a bit.

Singer who runs a smidge

That was the old me, but after the past two years, the new me will be on a treadmill. lol

Bwah hah hah!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

PADRunner

The site was slow for me as well this morning for a bit.

Same here. Much easier to just throw on a pair of shorts and hop on the treadmill.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Well, on my run/walk last night, I was doing great and then I broke a bone...doggone it! Yep, about the 1 mile point I encounterd an excited dog....and when I reached into my pocket to give doggie a treat... my doggie bone-biscuit broke right in half! tongue emoticon Other than that, very nice 3.1 miles done in McAllister Park, with some sweet weather, sunny, cool, and 67 degrees. Sweeeet!

Today is a rest day and then I have a 5K tomorrow morning.   Weather should be okay.. 44 degrees - a bit chilly for my personal preferences -  but sunny and no wind.  I'll take it!  If we have to have 'winter' this is the kind of winter I prefer...nice and mild!

Thphphphphp!!

From the Internet.

I'M A DOCTOR!!! Big grin Big grin Big grin

I slept in and have no plans to run or gym or work today and it feels amazing. The kid is with my parents, husband and I are going to run errands for house stuff (we're in the process of furnishing the living room, finally), gonna run with my club tomorrow morning. My calf FINALLY feels completely, totally, 100% normal, so I'm hoping that means I'll have a good run tomorrow and be able to start easing my way back to a normal running schedule.

GinnyinPA

Congratulations Lauren, or should I say, Dr. Lauren.  It was a long road, but you made it. Time to celebrate!