Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES (Read 31 times)

LRB

Unofficially, just under 1:39. For a stand alone 10 mile race, it's a PR, but not my fastest 10 miles. Between the hills and wind, I'll take it. The flattest section was absolutely miserable--right into a cold headwind. And this came after near constant hill.

I ran 3 of my 6 into a headwind and couldn't imagine racing in that nonsense. That blows. Literally.

LRB

Speaking of ass suck, I'm coming off of two weeks of 8 and 16 miles. March was supposed to be filled with speed work and races, but I'll be lucky just to get back to 45 MPW damn it.

delicate flower

'Morning!

Unofficially, just under 1:39. For a stand alone 10 mile race, it's a PR, but not my fastest 10 miles. Between the hills and wind, I'll take it. The flattest section was absolutely miserable--right into a cold headwind. And this came after near constant hill.

Nice job, Half Crazy!

Ran 6 and ended up with 19.75 miles for the week.  For my first week back from surgery, I am stoked at the miles.

Excellent x2.

Been a busy day so far.  Wife and I were up early to hit the greasy spoon then grocery shop, following by an easy one hour spin and chores.  We're just about done prepping our basement for a new floor.  The installer said we saved ourselves a lot of money by ripping up the old floor and getting it ready for the new one, rather than having him do it.

<3

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

How good is that!

I am still in the cautiously optimistic stage.

Runner with a riding problem.

From the Internet.

Congrats on the race HCK!

Congrats D! That's a fantastic first post-surgery week!

Hooray for cautiously optimistic PR!

I ran 6.5 easy with some rolling hills and it was chilly with the wind but nice in the sun when it stopped blowing. Shorts/hat/long sleeves/gloves weather, my favorite Smile I felt surprisingly great for having run 18 yesterday, closed out my week with 68 miles and I am completely thrilled with that. Peak of 70+ is going to have an emphasis on the + if I keep going like this. 12 weeks left until the big day! Big grin

Snow this morning. W. T. F. Warm enough that none sticking to the ground; slogged through 12 miles.

Speaking of ass suck, I'm coming off of two weeks of 8 and 16 miles. March was supposed to be filled with speed work and races, but I'll be lucky just to get back to 45 MPW damn it.

Coming off weeks of 19 and 10 myself. But still there's hope - very happy with the recovery, 47 this week. MTA: But, slow.

Dave

No more marathons

It's not everyday a movie scores 100% on Rotten Tomatoes. This one has must see written all over it.

Lots of shrieking.

Kept you guessing throughout.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

Any post-race beer included?

Yes, including a special brew - 4 mile lager.

Race starts at 11:00 AM to make the beer drinking a little more acceptable.

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

Wow! That seems awfully expensive for 3 track races. I don't think the USATF National Championships are anywhere near that much.

Two road races and one track.

The cost of one "event" is 125, and a second event is 25.  So the road races are considered an event, and the track is another.

The USATF track events are less (usually 20 for first event, then 10) and you need a USATF membership - 30.  But road events are usually 60.  So about the same for my two road races.

He's a leaker!

onemile

I ran 9 miles this morning. I was supposed to run 15. But I have been spending so much time walking around all day every day I just didn't want to get started early enough to fit it in.  Could head out for 6 more now but it's 85 degrees and I'm tired

Runshortii

I ran 11. It was windy

Damaris - Nice job! it seems like your recovery is going well

LRB - Bummer that this month didn't go how you were expecting Sad Hope next month is better

Docket_Rocket

I ran 11. It was windy

LRB - Bummer that this month didn't go how you were expecting Sad Hope next month is better

Looks like it!  From what I have read, it's a fast recovery surgery. One thing is reading that and another experiencing it. Meanwhile, my surgeon gave me the BS he gives every patient of no running for 6 weeks.   And a wink.  Lol.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

Looks like it!  From what I have read, it's a fast recovery surgery. One thing is reading that and another experiencing it. Meanwhile, my surgeon gave me the BS he gives every patient of no running for 6 weeks.   And a wink.  Lol.

Nice to see the recovery is going well.

LRB

Lots of shrieking.

Kept you guessing throughout.

As suspenseful thrillers go, the big reveal doesn't get much better.

LRB

I ran 11. It was windy

To be a germaphobe, I sure did a poor ass job of protecting myself this month. I mean a cold and flu within 10 days? Fuck, my body is still in WTF mode.