Beginners and Beyond

What Day Is It, MONDAILIES? (Read 43 times)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning! Cut back week!

I did stuff like grout sealing, skim coating, priming and painting yesterday. Today I will find myself doing similar things since I'm taking a half-day off from work to try and wrap up stuff at home. Hopefully I can get it in to a manageable down and distance, if you know what I mean.

As I previously mentioned, it is my cut back week. That means today's run was an Easy 3 on the TM. I haven't said that in a while. My quality runs are 9 and 19 miles this week, so to hit my mileage goal I need to keep all of the other runs short.

On the weather front, it looks like Spring will be here by next week. I'm hoping that my weekend goes well and I can get out there for my LR.

- Andrew

Docket_Rocket

I have to check it or my run could be entirely craptastic if I do not.

O, that sounds damn good!  I am not sure how many non-running days I ended up with but man that whole thing seems so distant now.  Hopefully someday it will for you, too.

D, I could have a field day with that post but will cut our friends here some slack!  lol

Hello to everyone else!

I got in a really nice hip, abductor, adductor, leg and core workout.  So much so that I feel like I can hit a baseball without a bat! 

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

Good morning! 35.8 miles last week, a mileage PR for this year. Gonna run later today.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Good morning! 35.8 miles last week, a mileage PR for this year. Gonna run later today.

Good running B+!

- Andrew

Hip Redux

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

- Andrew

Docket_Rocket

I am done!  Pushups and ab work tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Pushups and ab work tonight.

Oh boy!  

Docket_Rocket

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Hey guys.  Heading out for 9 in a bit, but first I have to try to get into the Blerch race.

LRB- I thought American Hustle was good.  DH thought it was great.  For me, I wanted there to be one more layer of doublecrossing.  Like, if Edith had been playing everyone all along and walked away with millions.  DH says it was great and better than Wolf of Wall Street, but I don't think it was.  It has been a good year for movies, though!

Oh, and DD and her friend liked Divergent, for those of you keeping score at home.

outoftheblue

Good morning.  RD for me.  A little stiff from yesterday, but not too bad.

Lily -- I like Mimi!

Oski -- I want your breakfast.

Life is good.

LRB

Good morning.  RD for me.  A little stiff from yesterday, but not too bad.

When do you think you will run again or are you taking it day by day?

Zel, I did not really care for American Hustle, not sure why that was.  It is highly rated, still playing at the theater and likely to be in play for awards later in the year but it did not move me.  Maybe it was all those shots of Cristian Bale and his flabby ass gut that turned me off.  lol  or more that it seemed dated, who knows. 

Zelanie

I made it in to the Blerch 10K!  That will be my last tuneup race before Portland.  The website its super overladed- had to coax it along and it still took almost 20 minutes start to finish.  Wonder when it will sell out?

LRB, I was feeling that way in the beginning, but the movie kind of grew on me as it went.

LRB

LRB, I was feeling that way in the beginning, but the movie kind of grew on me as it went.

That explains it, once I mentally check out of something it is close to impossible to get me back.  My loss, apparently.  I did not see The Wolf of Wall Street so I cannot compare the two.

Hip Redux

Oski -- I want your breakfast.

It was so easy, too!

Diced some sweet potato and shallots, and browned them a bit of coconut oil in a cast iron skillet and then put them in the oven to finish up cooking the potatoes.   Browned the cubed pancetta, put that into the sweet potato mixture, salt and pepper and then added a dozen eggs lightly scrambled and cooked until firm.