Beginners and Beyond

Thursday Penguins- Smoother than a fresh jar of Skippy (Read 26 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

No run for me today but I will do my core workout.  Tomorrow is my mom's surgery so I am taking the day off. My brother and his wife are coming up from where they live to stay for the weekend. Surgery is early in the morning and we are going with my dad to wait at the hospital. We'll see. My mom has a very positive attitude so that is helping.  Smile

Have a good day.

Singer who runs a smidge

The Penguins will be thinking of your mom tomorrow, Jack!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Jack - sending good vibes to your mom and you.

I pass out nap after my long runs, too.

I love peanut butter. I could live off peanut butter. My mom used to we (us 5 kids) were so healthy because we ate a spoonful of PB a day. Love it!

Ran 4 miles with fartleks this morning. Only 3 yesterday. Still cough-cough-couging! AAAARGH!

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

Brilliant

Jack, my thoughts and prayers are with your family today and tomorrow.

Kathleen - how frustrating!  Have you tried an inhaler?  Sometimes when I get a cold/cough, it just won't go away until I use an inhaler for a week or two.  

Amazonian Princess

Jack -sending good thoughts to you and your mom

I can appreciate a fresh jar of peanut butter, or almond butter, or hazelnut spread - Yum!

Session with the trainer tonight, and if there's anything left in the tank, then a run on the TM afterward. Might rain this weekend but hoping to get in a long ride (20 miles or more) because the California Classic bike ride is coming up. Didn't train for it last year, did 35 miles on fitness alone, and it sorta sucked so trying something new and preparing this year

I can. I will. I am. 

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Aldi's smooth peanut butter for me on a bagel.

6 miles for us including over and back on the "long" bridge at 3 miles.  Nice out and felt great.  Next HM is 9 days away.

Now we can track our runs on DW' Fitbit Charge HR and my Garmin.  Seems to work great.

Thinking of your mom Jack.

tracilynn

Jack- thinking of your mom and you guys too. Hugs to all

~~~~~~~

Traci

Zelanie

Jack- I'll be thinking of you guys!

Robert31320

Team TJ

Healing thoughts for your Mom, Jack.

Also, another 3.8 this evening for a total of 8.1 today.

Running for TJ because he can't.

GinnyinPA

Jack - I hope all goes well with your mother's surgery.

Zelanie

Robert- You are on a roll lately!  Your post last night helped to motivate me to get my miles in yesterday.  It had gotten late, and the Blerch was suggesting that maybe I just skip the run, but I got out there anyway. Smile

I'm on an almond butter kick lately.  I like the natural peanut butter, but DD likes the sugary processed stuff.  But we are both liking almond butter for now, and at least the kind we get doesn't have that same sugary sweet flavor of peanut butter.  I might have to open up a savings account to keep paying for the stuff, though!

I ran 3 at home, now running to meet the club for some pizza, then I will run back home.