Beginners and Beyond

Stop Me If You've Heard This One Before MONDAILIES (Read 244 times)

Pinktastic

Good Morning Runners!!

I hope that y’all had a wonderful weekend and that y’all are ready for another fabulous week!!

David and April  – Enjoy your SRD!  

Basya – Nice workout this morning!   I hope that you’re able to resolve whatever the issue is with your co-worker and that your day turns out to be fantastic!

Kay – Again, great race this weekend!   Hope your miles at lunch go peacefully and help with the post-race tightness.

Gustav – Sounds like a great ride yesterday, and it totally counts!!   Hope the weights go well later!

Eddie – The bet with your son seems like a fun idea.   You can take him!   With all of us behind you, how could you not?!

Damaris – I’m so glad that your migraine is finally gone!!   Enjoy your coffee and your afternoon off!

Baboon – 7 miles in the sleet?   Wow!  You are dedicated!   Great job!

LRB – I hope your coffee cup is never empty today.   J

Dave – Great run and awesome pace this morning!  

Lilac – Sorry about the muffin mishap this morning – I totally hate it when that happens to me.    Have a great TM workout later!

RMT3B – A Christmas Concert performed by 4 year olds?   Now that sounds like a cute and festive event which is exactly perfect for this time of year!   Have a great time!!

Jedi – New shoes for your birthday?   That’s awesome!!  

Kristin – I’m glad you made it back home without a major injury!!   Those conditions seem a lot less than ideal for running.   Hope your knee heals quickly!

Scotty – Congrats on your most recent race!  I can’t even imagine running that many races in 5 years, much less one!!  Great job!!

Step – Hope your run and pilates go well later!

Code – Glad to hear that your foot is doing better!   I am very happy to hear that you’re voluntarily ending your no-running streak – I was getting a little worried….  You’re an amazing runner and I always look forward to seeing what you’ve done for the day, what you’ve raced, etc.   Enjoy the miles tonight!

Nightcrawler – Have a wonderful run tonight!!

I ran 12 glorious miles yesterday around noon.   It was warmish, but the breeze was delightful and the cloud patterns were fun to watch as they changed constantly.   I’m looking for 5.5ish tonight if I can leave work on time.  

Have a Pinkeriffic Monday, y’all!!   And, may your next run be injury-free and completely blissful!!  

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Docket_Rocket

Enjoy the rest day, Dave.

Good luck with the father-son contest, Eddie!

Sorry about the hamstring, April.  Hope it's 100% in no time.

I admire that you can ski, Baboon.  I tried it once...I ran into a goat......Blush

This is my last workweek before the holidays.  Since I work for a university, we pretty much shut down, so no work from this weekend until January 2nd, nice.

This does not surprise me.  I don't know why.

David, I like the 15s but never tried the 12s, 13s, or 14s.  The 16s are worth a try, IMO.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Ball of Fury

SRD for me today as well....I need after the disaster yesterday.  Jedi, I bought a pair of the Rider 16s a couple weeks ago and really enjoy them so far!  Have a great day everyone.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

B-Plus

Hi guys, I have some bad news ... I dropped my coffee on the sidewalk :-o LRB - pass the coffee pot! 3.4 @ 9:11
          Docket_Rocket

SHAMEFUL!

Hi guys, I have some bad news ... I dropped my coffee on the sidewalk :-o LRB - pass the coffee pot! 3.4 @ 9:11

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

SHAMEFUL!

Especially with the guy who opened his car window just to laugh at me. To top it off, I tried to get into the coffee shop downstairs but it wasn't open yet and the worker just smiled at me. I'll have to steal some beans from my co-worker.
                Code – Glad to hear that your foot is doing better!   I am very happy to hear that you’re voluntarily ending your no-running streak – I was getting a little worried….  You’re an amazing runner and I always look forward to seeing what you’ve done for the day, what you’ve raced, etc.   Enjoy the miles tonight!

I ran 12 glorious miles yesterday around noon.   It was warmish, but the breeze was delightful and the cloud patterns were fun to watch as they changed constantly.   I’m looking for 5.5ish tonight if I can leave work on time.  

Have a Pinkeriffic Monday, y’all!!   And, may your next run be injury-free and completely blissful!!  

- Sarah

Well gosh dang, Sarah, you are so kind. Thanks for the words. Good luck on your planned 5.5ish!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hi everyone.  8.55 miles done this morning.  It was day 21 of my streak, and even though I'm getting a little sick of it, I promised myself I'd run every day in December.  The thought of trying to run every day through my marathon (April) had crossed my mind, but I know it's not necessary for reaching my goal, so I'll probably scrap that.  Who knows, maybe if I just keep at it the mental staleness will diminish.  I definitely think that aspect of a streak is more difficult than the physical.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

I stayed up super late finishing up my assignments for a class last night, and it also occurred to me that my Knuckle Lights are being delivered today, so if I ran tonight I could test them out. Ultimately, it really didn't take much self-convincing to stay in bed this morning instead of running. I'll run about 3 miles tonight instead. Smile

Purple Toes

Good Morning All!

Ouch, Kristin, sorry about your falls! Hope you don't have any lingering pain from that.

Sadly, my December streak came to a screeching halt on Saturday. I ran 8.5 Friday. Saturday, however, I spent the whole day cleaning and cooking for a little party I threw for some friends, running partners and their families. I really had no time to spare for even a 1 mile run :-(  Oh well... Did a damage contol run of 6 miles Sunday to work off the food and drink from the night before. Today I did strides/easy run totaling 6 miles with my run group.

StepbyStep-SH

Run done - 10.23 miles at 9:47 overall pace. Didn't finish up in time for the class, though, so I just added some planks, crunches and shoulder bridges to my stretching routine. I was dragging around mile 8 or so, but then got a second wind about halfway through mile 10 - thought about running a little farther, but too many things to get done today.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Ric-G

5 quick miles this morning. didnt feel like getting up or getting out...but glad when i had finisned...funny how that always seem to happen.

marathon pr - 3:16

@runjerseygirl

3 at 10:22 pace during lunch today.  I think I need to start picking up the pace if I'm going to meet my new challenge.

Do you even run?

Shakedown Street

5 miles easy + hill repeats, visit to ortho, 1K swim

As a side note, I love the smiths!

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Kay, just be careful not to run every run too fast. 10:22 is way on the low end of my McMillan easy range and my 5k PR is a little bit faster than yours. Maybe you could try adding in a tempo run once a week and some fartleks and strides once a week, so you do SOME runs a bit faster without wearing yourself out?