Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday Penguins are sliding towards the weekend!! (Read 13 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Because it's never too early to think about the weekend, right?  I have quartet rehearsal tonight, my instrument (which is getting its annual checkup) should be online again tomorrow, I'll be running a backlog of samples on Friday, and then it's the weekend!!  DH and I will have to drive back up to Manassas to hand over our car downpayment, not that the insurance has gotten back to us yet.  I'm fixing to call them and throw a hissy fit.  Woo-hoo!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

HopesMom - good luck dealing with the insurance company.  When you go up to Manassas this weekend, stop off at Prince William Forest Park if it's not raining.  That was always one of my favorite places to walk or run.  Or you could even bring your bike and ride either on the loop or on the forest roads.

AFM:  Another rest day.  I pulled my back last night doing yoga (too many forward bends?) and now can barely walk. Not happiness, but it keeps me from pushing my running too soon.

Singer who runs a smidge

Ooh, so sorry to hear about your back!!  I like the park idea, I'll have to mention it to DH.  We didn't know there was anything there but a car dealership!!  The finance guy asked us, "How often do you come to Manassas?"  We said, "Once every four years, to buy a car from you!" 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

3.7 mile walk with Gail after work yesterday.  We did a very hilly route too.  I'm not a very fast walker, so it took me 1 hour and 10 minutes, but that's okay, just happy I could even walk for over an hour.

Today after work, probably some x-training at the gym, stationary bike, stairmaster, rowing machine.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

HopesMom - good luck dealing with the insurance company.  When you go up to Manassas this weekend, stop off at Prince William Forest Park if it's not raining.  That was always one of my favorite places to walk or run.  Or you could even bring your bike and ride either on the loop or on the forest roads.

AFM:  Another rest day.  I pulled my back last night doing yoga (too many forward bends?) and now can barely walk. Not happiness, but it keeps me from pushing my running too soon.

So sorry about your back!   Hope you feel better soon!

Yeah, backs...ever since my spinal arthritis flared up, starting in 2005 - and when it initially happened, I could not run for 3 months! -  I've always tried to be really careful with my back.   Back injuries really suck.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

4.4 tempo run for us.  Trying to get out of the 10:30 rut.  Didn't need 2 long sleeve shirts or a hat.

Found out my replacement at work already quit, so I'm expecting a call soon. Bwahahaha!!!  That would surely ruin my weekend.

Feel better, Ginny.

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon.  Another full day of court.  Have Pilates and 5 miles tonight.  My feet hurt from all the high heels and walking in the last two days, gah.

Ginny, take care of your back!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

High heels are evil.

Neither my call nor my email of hissy fit has resulted in communication from the insurance company. 

Singer who runs a smidge

Ok, so I ignored the phone number of the chick that is supposed to be handling our claim and just called the general 800 number.  After several layers of "Press 1 for ...", I got an actual person and an actual answer.  Now there are more hoops to jump through, but at least there's progress. 

Docket_Rocket

Ok, so I ignored the phone number of the chick that is supposed to be handling our claim and just called the general 800 number.  After several layers of "Press 1 for ...", I got an actual person and an actual answer.  Now there are more hoops to jump through, but at least there's progress. 

I hate the complicated automatic numbers.  Like the USPS.  I find myself yelling at the stupid automatic voice and still she won't transfer me with a person that can actually solve my issue.  It's like Siri not understanding you...but worse.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page