Beginners and Beyond

Mondailies: Not quite Snowmageddon, but pretty nasty. (Read 39 times)

LRB

Got my 5 mile run done on a hill route, and it was a strong run as these things go.

Turns out Coach heard about the uproar in this group, then decided to walk that stupid shit back.  The part of me that likes a challenge is a bit disappointed, but the rest of me that was thinking "FTS" is pretty happy about that.

Coach ain't stupid.

delicate flower

Coach ain't stupid.

He's not, but I am!  

<3

DavePNW, Kitsap Peninsula means something to me.  Where'd you go?  Poulsbo?  I like your recaps of the weather up there, it reminds me that fondness for the place of one's birth is felt more strongly from afar.  As in, a-far-far away from the weather.

Yes! I forgot you were a native. It's funny, DW & I talked about going out there all last summer, but never made it. Mainly because in nice weather, by the time we'd get going, the wait for the ferry (Edmonds to Kingston) was long AF, and we didn't have the patience. This time it was early in the season but still a nice day, and we got going earlier in the day (i.e. did not wait till after I did my stupid run). So on the way, I'm googling for things to do, and sure enough this was the day of the Poulsbo Beer Run! Which is 4 miles with stops at 6 breweries, with a beer at each. Got there too late to run it, but plenty of people wearing bibs still staggering around town, most dressed in full St. Patty's Day regalia. So it was a pretty fun environment, and we had lunch at one of the breweries. Then we also made a brief stop at Port Gamble on the way back.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

LOL.

It was super windy outside, gah.  My lungs are not happy.  4 miles done, though.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Yes! I forgot you were a native. It's funny, DW & I talked about going out there all last summer, but never made it. Mainly because in nice weather, by the time we'd get going, the wait for the ferry (Edmonds to Kingston) was long AF, and we didn't have the patience. This time it was early in the season but still a nice day, and we got going earlier in the day (i.e. did not wait till after I did my stupid run). So on the way, I'm googling for things to do, and sure enough this was the day of the Poulsbo Beer Run! Which is 4 miles with stops at 6 breweries, with a beer at each. Got there too late to run it, but plenty of people wearing bibs still staggering around town, most dressed in full St. Patty's Day regalia. So it was a pretty fun environment, and we had lunch at one of the breweries. Then we also made a brief stop at Port Gamble on the way back.

Oh man, when did the long ass waits start?  I remember I had to plan to miss 2 PT ferries to Whidbey before I could get on one in 1996-1998, but I assumed that one route was particularly bad, and things had improved.  The rest were usually ok.  Apparently not, and the scourge has spread.

It makes me very happy in a nostalgic way that you went to Poulsbo.  The chocolate shop there (Boehm's) is off the hook.  Now I need chocolate.  And I haven't been to Pt. Gamble in a lifetime!  Sounds like an excellent day all around!

Now you have me thinking stupid things about destination beer races.  Stupid, delicious things.

GinnyinPA

Baboon - it seemed like a really huge jump in quantity. You've been building your distance in a fairly conservative pattern. That just seemed like too much.

onemile

Got my 5 mile run done on a hill route, and it was a strong run as these things go.

Turns out Coach made a mistake on my Friday swim and I "only" have to swim 4,000 yards.  The part of me that likes a challenge is a bit disappointed, but the rest of me that was thinking "FTS" is pretty happy about that.

I think you should try it, just to see if you can do it 

Half Crazy K 2.0

Upper body weights and core.

Coastal

Dave: Sounds like you had a great time.  The peninsula means a little to me.  I have cousins living out around Port Angeles /Sequim plus did a trip out there last summer.  Visited family in Marysville, then caught the Kingston ferry and got to see an aircraft carrier.

LM:  If I had known about the chocolate I might have looked it up.  

7 miles in what must have been low to mid 70's.  Weird weather for us.  That's summer temps.  Felt good to just run along and I wasn't paying attention to pace.  Went to fast and my knee started bugging.  Beautiful day to be out.

Dave: Sounds like you had a great time.  The peninsula means a little to me.  I have cousins living out around Port Angeles /Sequim plus did a trip out there last summer.  Visited family in Marysville, then caught the Kingston ferry and got to see an aircraft carrier.

Ever done the North Olympic Discovery Marathon? It's point to point along the NOD Trail, basically between those two towns. Supposed to be a beautiful course (although somewhat hilly). It's on my list.

Dave

Bert-o

I lost my rama

It makes me very happy in a nostalgic way that you went to Poulsbo.  The chocolate shop there (Boehm's) is off the hook.  Now I need chocolate.  And I haven't been to Pt. Gamble in a lifetime!  Sounds like an excellent day all around!

Now you have me thinking stupid things about destination beer races.  Stupid, delicious things.

I was considering a 100K in Port Gamble in April.  Gorgeous area.  My sister lives about 30 min away from there.  But I already signed up for a 24 hour race in May in PA.  IMO, no destination is too far for a beer race. 

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours