Beginners and Beyond

Send in some Saturdailies (Read 41 times)

outoftheblue

Ran a 5k today. 25:55 so quite a bit off of last month, but it felt just as hard. Maybe last month's course was short like my Garmin said, or maybe today's headwind did it. In any case, I ran 1st in my AG, except that it was so small the there weren't AG awards. My splits were decent. And the only person who passed me was the lady who was just out for a jog before heading to Boston. She had a mean kick at the finish.

Sub 26 and 1st in your AG is a good day's work.  Congrats.

Life is good.

GinnyinPA

Great job Sly and Baboon.

Zelanie - have fun at your unexpected race tomorrow.

I ended up running six miles on a cross-country ski trail this afternoon.  Some good hills and a little rough underfoot, but it is a nice trail through the woods.

Ran a 5k today. 25:55 so quite a bit off of last month, but it felt just as hard. Maybe last month's course was short like my Garmin said, or maybe today's headwind did it. In any case, I ran 1st in my AG, except that it was so small the there weren't AG awards. My splits were decent. And the only person who passed me was the lady who was just out for a jog before heading to Boston. She had a mean kick at the finish.

Congrats - a win is a win is a win!

Dave

LRB

Great job Sly and Baboon.

Zelanie - have fun at your unexpected race tomorrow.

I ended up running six miles on a cross-country ski trail this afternoon.  Some good hills and a little rough underfoot, but it is a nice trail through the woods.

When is the big race?

Cyberic

From the Internet.

Evening dailies. Took 2 days off running to calm down my cranky shin, had a good long run today but now my left ignorant band is being ignorant again. Blech. Too many hills today. I'll maybe try a few flat miles tomorrow and see how it goes, along with PT exercises and foam rolling tonight for sure. 12.2 miles with some MP in the middle and then those hills at the end - nothing super steep but it was enough to screw up my form and tweak the IT band again. Last one was almost 3/4 of a mile climb.

Cyberic

You are at the point where a race every other week would be better

Not gonna happen, unless races start charging 10 bucks a piece.

A year ago I calculated how much running costs in reality. When we start out we think we finally found a sport that barely costs anything.

I calculated how much it cost me for the first two years: races, sneakers, GPS watch, clothes, etc. I only counted half of the money for the clothes I bought in those two years, as I decided (nothing scientific) that running clothes had a depreciation of 4 year. I then divided that total cost by the number of miles I had run (actually it was kilometers, but the conclusion is the same). I was surprised at how much each of my runs really costs.

So racing every other weekend, i don't think so Tim! I'm too cheap for that. Maybe that would be the solution to get me out of my -meh-, but I'll never know.

onemile

I ran 10 (6 of them with Bruno)

Cyberic

I ran 10 (6 of them with Bruno)

That Bruno can run more than 99% of the people I know .

LRB

Not gonna happen, unless races start charging 10 bucks a piece.

A year ago I calculated how much running costs in reality. When we start out we think we finally found a sport that barely costs anything.

I calculated how much it cost me for the first two years: races, sneakers, GPS watch, clothes, etc. I only counted half of the money for the clothes I bought in those two years, as I decided (nothing scientific) that running clothes had a depreciation of 4 year. I then divided that total cost by the number of miles I had run (actually it was kilometers, but the conclusion is the same). I was surprised at how much each of my runs really costs.

So racing every other weekend, i don't think so Tim! I'm too cheap for that. Maybe that would be the solution to get me out of my -meh-, but I'll never know.

Yeah my running related expenses is easily in the millions. lol

I do not mind it though but understand not everyone wants to spend a lot of money on a hobby.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Yeah my running related expenses is easily in the millions. lol

I do not mind it though but understand not everyone wants to spend a lot of money on a hobby.

True.

I however justify the $$ spent by not having many other regular expenses like: smoking, bars etc...

From the Internet.

I justify my running gear budget by looking like a hobo at work. I should probably make a normal people clothing budget sometime before I start interviewing for real people jobs.

Zelanie

I justify my running gear budget by looking like a hobo at work. I should probably make a normal people clothing budget sometime before I start interviewing for real people jobs.

This is exactly me.  But when I do buy clothing, I get it at the consignment shops or at outlets.  More money for more running gear!