Beginners and Beyond

My, Oh My, MonDAILIES (Read 69 times)

Docket_Rocket

I was going to say that.  Everybody must have flipped and created a troll account.

There was some good that came out of it; fifty puppet accounts were created in a 48 hour period and our group is now the largest on RA.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol, I am going to ignore the thread... no use talking to drama-queens but I am tempted to change the title again............. very tempted...

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

I cannot believe hubby wanted to run today.  I told him to hold his horses and run the day he is supposed to, tomorrow.  After all, he has a 5K marathon on Sunday....

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yes, he must stick to training plan.... I learned the hard way a couple of times.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

LRB

Where the heck is Zelly?  I need help with my speed workout tomorrow, hmph.  >:-/

B-Plus

DaveP MI said he was unable to post to this thread.  I wasn't able to reproduce the problem he experienced.  I'm probably missing some information...

Test, test. Me too.

B-Plus

Test, test. Me too.

Oh, now it works.

B-Plus

April, I tried to quote your post but I couldn't for whatever reason.

Holy wow! That must be a mileage PR for you. I just want you to know that I had cheesecake factory on Saturday, and if you feel like it, we can pretend my slice of the raspberry chocolate truffle was in honor of your birthday.

In addition to having a great time away with friends, I picked up my fall marathon shoes, 3 pairs of running socks, 2 running tops, and a box of gu. I tried on the lunaracers at the Nike outlet, and damn, do they ever feel amazing! It was tempting at $60, but I didn't want to take the chance because I think I still need a touch of stability. The Mariners lost yesterday, but I still had fun at the ballpark. Oh, and to top it all off, I had cherry coke so that makes the entire trip a huge success! I took today off work as well, because ... why not?

I ran 15 miles in about 2 hours today and saw one of our local elites out in the park. I left the country for 3 days, and now there's goose shit everywhere.

Now I'm off to continue lurking in the meltdown thread.

B-Plus

There was some good that came out of it; fifty puppet accounts were created in a 48 hour period and our group is now the largest on RA.

Y'all have any suggestions for my troll moniker?

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Evening, Dailies, and Happy Monday!

SRD for me today. I'm going to attempt an 0530 AM run tomorrow morning, prior to going to work. We'll see how that goes. Smile

I, too, enjoyed the "meltdown" thread. Well, maybe not enjoyed, but I breezed through it. Not much to say - it was bound to happen.

Guess that an occasional meltdown has to happen once in a while.

Carry on, runners!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Hip Redux

Oh, now it works.

Double PHEW!

Who else is blocked from the Dailies!

I can't post from my phone.  I can type something in the reply box but then it never allows me to hit the "post" button.  Which is annoying because a few times I typed away on my phone and then couldn't post it.  And those posts were gems, man, gems!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Oski, why do you keep posting in the meltdown thread! Let the evil demon die dang it lol. Joking

PRs

LRB

And those posts were gems, man, gems!

Yours always are!

Parents lawn mowed and trimmed and three miles ran. First three mile run with no walking since march. I hope this continues!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Hip Redux

Oski, why do you keep posting in the meltdown thread! Let the evil demon die dang it lol. Joking

Because I can't take my own advice.  Shoot me.

For anyone reading this who puts up a 2+hr half marathon and might not post about it because of what some said in the other thread, I want you to know that *I* will read your race report and *I* will be happy for you getting it done!   And I am damn proud of my 2:11 HM time because I did something I never thought I could.  Just had to say that. Smile

Back to the regular drama free dailies!