Beginners and Beyond

What do you splurge on? (Read 115 times)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

That is on our list!!! We've been talking about it for 3 years...I think the next dinner splurging occasion we may do it.... probably my birthday or our anniversary.

Kristin, you should go to WD50. I have been dying to go but it's a gazillion dollars. One day soon though....

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Sloooow.

I like quality electronics, but I've found they last much longer than cheaper ones. I spent over $2000 on my MacBook, and it's 5 years old now. I may get a new one for Christmas Smile We don't drink, and for travel I'm quite happy to go to NOLA for a long weekend. When I lived in the UK, I would splurge on trips to Rome and other places in Europe. I do miss that. I miss old places.

Other splurges, Mexican Cola for me and cane sugar Pepsi for the other half.

SheCan

food...what can I say, I have screwed up priorities....

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Jess runs for bacon

That is on our list!!! We've been talking about it for 3 years...I think the next dinner splurging occasion we may do it.... probably my birthday or our anniversary.

My mom has been there twice, she says it is amazeballs. Definitely good for a special occasion!

My mom has been there twice, she says it is amazeballs. Definitely good for a special occasion!

Your mom uses the term "amazeballs"? I want to meet her.

Dave

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Note that splurges on travel can also include some great FEs. Big grin

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

When I was younger and could least afford it, I used to save all my paychecks to buy art in art galleries and at auction houses. I ate tons of Ramen noodles and Kraft macaroni because of that. I also spent a lot on antiques. My house is full of old paintings and furniture now, and all I want to do is get away from all it. Big grin

I'm an old antique now...can I come live with you, Lily? Joking

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Lots and lots of FEs!  Yes!

Note that splurges on travel can also include some great FEs. Big grin

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page