Beginners and Beyond

It's the Moandailies (Read 37 times)

onemile

Nice pic Babs. Nice form.

Started upping my mileage since I got back. Ran 10 on Saturday and 13 yesterday. Today I ran 5 with strides (done correctly, too). Tomorrow I might do some speed work, maybe a couple of 2-2s (2 minutes on, 2 off) to start getting back in training mode.

My 6 weeks "off" since my 50K have done two things:

• I really want to run now
    • My legs are too weak to run as much as I'd like

I must play it safe if I don't want to end up injured.

So you are not going with the lower mileage, more speed workouts plan?

Half Crazy K 2.0

No running, upper body weights and core.

Docket_Rocket

I ran 4 and all is well in the world...

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I ran 4 and all is well in the world...

Awesome! Are you running the Blast the Marina Marathon in Long Beach Saturday?

From the Internet.

Husband has said OK to my frivolous guitar purchase and I'm so excited Big grin Big grin Big grin I put down a refundable deposit today to hold it for 30 days. They only have one sad blurry picture but this is it <3

30 minute easy jog was all I felt like doing today, but my legs felt good especially at the end.

Docket_Rocket

Awesome! Are you running the Blast the Marina Marathon in Long Beach Saturday?

No.  But if someone would keep a race thread, you might find it there. Wink

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

ATTN: Ghost wearers - RW has the 9s for $69, and the FB15D coupon code can be applied to make them $59.

In the last 30 min, just bought a pair, and also registered for two races. 

Dave

Cyberic

So you are not going with the lower mileage, more speed workouts plan?

I have no idea what I'll be doing. Right now, I'm thinking a bit of everything to get back into it. After two weeks of this I might decide on a fall race. If I do, that will dictate the type of training.

onemile

ATTN: Ghost wearers - RW has the 9s for $69, and the FB15D coupon code can be applied to make them $59.

In the last 30 min, just bought a pair, and also registered for two races. 

This may have been a mistake, but I ordered 2.  It says they are out of stock though, but will be available in Sept ??

Which races?