Beginners and Beyond

Mondailies (Read 23 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Taking a week off before starting my next training cycle, but it was so nice out this morning I could not resist going outside, so I went for a long, pre-breakfast walk.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

KCRuns

I swam 1300m this morning, which was 200 more than before, so I was really happy with it.  I could have kept going, but had to get home.  I had an appointment and some errands to run during lunch, so no running today.

GinnyinPA

5 miles. Almost did not get out of bed. Bottom of my foot has been sore, internets says probably plantar fasciitis. If I ignore it, it'll go away, right?

4 day work week! Which just means squishing 5 days of work into 4 

I get twinges on the bottom of my foot some mornings when I first get up that feel like PF. Usually by the time the coffee is ready, it has stretched out and doesn't hurt. In my case, it is probably after I wear one of my older more worn out pairs of shoes. This has been off and on for about 6 months, but never bad. I do massage my feet when it happens and so far it hasn't ever lasted more than a few minutes. So you may get by with ignoring it, or not.

KCRuns

5 miles. Almost did not get out of bed. Bottom of my foot has been sore, internets says probably plantar fasciitis. If I ignore it, it'll go away, right?

4 day work week! Which just means squishing 5 days of work into 4 

If it is PF, you might want to look into Vionic shoes.  I got PF last year from wearing a worn out pair of flip flops and bought a couple of pairs of Vionic flip flops and sandals for everyday wearing.  The PF is gone and the shoes are some of the most comfortable I've ever had.  They are specifically for this type of foot problem.

sdWhiskers

If it is PF, you might want to look into Vionic shoes.  I got PF last year from wearing a worn out pair of flip flops and bought a couple of pairs of Vionic flip flops and sandals for everyday wearing.  The PF is gone and the shoes are some of the most comfortable I've ever had.  They are specifically for this type of foot problem.

Thanks, I'll take a look.

The soreness isn't my heel but the middle on the bottom of my foot. And I notice it more when I've been sitting/sleeping and then get up. While running it's 99% unnoticeable. The current situation is manageable but I'd rather it not get worse.

Thanks, I'll take a look.

The soreness isn't my heel but the middle on the bottom of my foot. And I notice it more when I've been sitting/sleeping and then get up. While running it's 99% unnoticeable. The current situation is manageable but I'd rather it not get worse.

Are you talking about MY right foot last week?  Mine was the boots I wear to work, the right one was laced tight enough and the foot slipping on the inserts I wear.

an $80 pair of Sketchers boots will last me 3 years wearing them 4 days a week... and $80 pair of running shoes wearing them every work day would last 10-12 weeks.... boots win the math problem.

sdWhiskers

Are you talking about MY right foot last week?  Mine was the boots I wear to work, the right one was laced tight enough and the foot slipping on the inserts I wear.

an $80 pair of Sketchers boots will last me 3 years wearing them 4 days a week... and $80 pair of running shoes wearing them every work day would last 10-12 weeks.... boots win the math problem.

I'm hoping it's as simple as wearing new work shoes!

GinnyinPA

It rained all day here, so I did 8 on the TM.