Beginners and Beyond

Disney Sundailies (Read 18 times)

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

How did baboon make out?

My coworker finished 4:02 and she's likely stopped for photos. It was her first.

Me? I ran 11 with no tummy issues.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Baboon is done!

I have 9 miles if my back can handle it. Thinking maybe the TM might help instead of me being 1-2 miles from home again and having to walk back.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

instead of me being 1-2 miles from home again and having to walk back.

Been there , done that. Often.

Lori

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Congrats Baboon on being dopey! MTA: Mrs. Baboon is done now too—congrats MBC!

Low 40s and rain here; showing no sign of letting up anytime soon, so will just head out for 7-8 when I get around to it. Just the usual Sunday morning sitting on my ass for now.

MTA2: I have now officially signed up for the Eugene Marathon

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

20 minutes on the treadmill & strength training. My schedule is so thrown off from the holidays.

Docket, treadmill seems smart, much easier to pull the plug if your back is hurting.

sdWhiskers

Congrats Baboon on being dopey! MTA: Mrs. Baboon is done now too—congrats MBC!

Woohoo congrats Baboon and Mrs Baboon! You are both crazy!

sdWhiskers

8 miles of blah. But nice temp and sunny before another "atmospheric river" hits CA. NorCal is really getting hammered.

My arm is still pretty sore and still feeling achy/headachy, presumably from my Tdap on Thurs.

sdWhiskers

MTA2: I have now officially signed up for the Eugene Marathon

Nice! I think. I have a love/hate relationship with marathons.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Congrats Baboon & Mrs Baboon!   Enjoy all the food & naps.

delicate flower

Thanks, guys!  I'll probably throw up a Dopey RR at some point because it's quite the experience to go through.  As far as the marathon goes, my legs started to ache just a couple miles into the race but I managed to hold it together for the whole thing.  I ran a 3:32:29, which all things considered is a pretty damn solid run.  It's only a minute off my Boston 2022 disaster but I felt a lot better today...just tired.  I've averaged about 4 hours of broken sleep each of the last four nights, so that did not do my any favors today.   I am looking forward to a huge expensive steak for dinner tonight.

Mrs. Baboon is done now too—congrats MBC!

Her thoughts about the entire experience are "Fuck that shit."

<3

I'll probably throw up

I would too.

Finally someone making some sense around here. 

For me: 8 miles in 34 degree rain, 61 for the week.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Thanks, guys!  I'll probably throw up a Dopey RR at some point because it's quite the experience to go through.  As far as the marathon goes, my legs started to ache just a couple miles into the race but I managed to hold it together for the whole thing.  I ran a 3:32:29, which all things considered is a pretty damn solid run.  It's only a minute off my Boston 2022 disaster but I felt a lot better today...just tired.  I've averaged about 4 hours of broken sleep each of the last four nights, so that did not do my any favors today.   I am looking forward to a huge expensive steak for dinner tonight.

Normal response.

Did my 9 miles on the TM and the soreness in my back resolved itself after Mile 3. I'll see how bad it feels when I wake up tomorrow.

Almost 33 miles for the week, something I've not done in months.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Baboon

Lori