Beginners and Beyond

RR - Freezer 5K (Read 45 times)

Hip Redux

A battle of the mustachios!

Nice job, Jay!

Thank you, all!

Zelanie - haha, that was still very early in the race.  A finish line video would have looked a lot uglier for all involved.

DaveP - yeah, he had #3 by 33 seconds.  That's a lot of daylight.

Boon - Specific training seems to be working.  Even a few repeats at 5K PR pace get that muscle memory started.  As for stretching, someone smarter than I suggested a brief warmup, followed by stretches of anything that has been tight or problematic.

Lily - the shoe box is like a small briefcase that zippers all the way around, and will be especially handy for filthy trail shoes.   Ok, about the Polish thing.  I am of German heritage, but Buffalo has a huge population of Polish descent and the PAC is a fun/social running group open to all.  I wore my Deutschland jersey after the race just to be an ass, but shed it briefly for the PAC group photo Smile.

B+ - Zach and I are pretty evenly matched and have raced many times, so he has seen the kick before.

Four - will do

Jack - yeah, the videos are really an eye-opener.  Especially for something like the Buffalo Marathon/Half, I was in awe of just how many people kept coming.

Rick - it's weird, some days you just know.  Others are a struggle.  No break now;  getting back to normal was a real chore.

Scotty - those are just rotten remnants of the big storm, and it barely grazed the pictured area.  For some real snow, I present last year's Freezer, where snowshoes would have been appropriate.  You can see runners trying to stay in tire tracks for better footing.

D^2, Work, OOTB, Tracilynn, Cyberic - thanks!

A battle of the mustachios!

Nice job, Jay!

#KyleOrtonCouldHang

Docket_Rocket

Great job, Jay!!!!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I remember that footage from last year and after running in it myself a time or two I am done with that crap.