Beginners and Beyond

Wednesdailies - Cold and windy. Again. (Read 36 times)

LRB

Oh, it happens more than you’d think.  Generally at the very most inopportune times.

Oh. I took you as one who dots Is and crosses Ts.

delicate flower

I ran my short tempo run (4 x 4:00/2:00).  6:30 avg pace on the intervals.  4.7 miles total at a swift 6:47 avg pace.  I am really happy and excited with where my running is and how it's trending.  I kind of feel guilty saying that with folks here dealing with various injuries and ailments, but I've got no one else to talk to about my running.

<3

LRB

I ran my short tempo run (4 x 4:00/2:00).  6:30 avg pace on the intervals.  4.7 miles total at a swift 6:47 avg pace.  I am really happy and excited with where my running is and how it's trending.  I kind of feel guilty saying that with folks here dealing with various injuries and ailments, but I've got no one else to talk to about my running.

Don't. The people who are bothered by that sort of thing left the building a long time ago.

bluerun

Super B****

Oh. I took you as one who dots Is and crosses Ts.

Yes.  But I am not always the one doing the dotting and crossing.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

KCRuns

Nice job!!

And you should never feel guilty sharing a great run!  That's what this forum is all about, sharing the good and the bad and having a roomful of people who get it.  'Cause Heaven knows nobody else is interested in hearing us obsess over running every day.

From the Internet.

As the outgoing president of the Injury Committee, pls do not feel bad!!

From the Internet.

Oh heck, I don't think I mentioned this over the weekend - I own a wetsuit and am signed up for a sprint tri with an ocean swim  Here's to not drowning on June 24!!

Half Crazy K 2.0

7 miles with 5 x 7.5 minutes at 10k-HM pace. Was actually closer to 10k pace than HM pace, which is unusual. It was windy out there, I thought my ponytail was going to get ripped off my head.

LRB, I got nothing against birds. The real flamingos were the best thing about that dump. Plus, they were quiet.

LRB

7 miles with 5 x 7.5 minutes at 10k-HM pace. Was actually closer to 10k pace than HM pace, which is unusual. It was windy out there, I thought my ponytail was going to get ripped off my head.

LRB, I got nothing against birds. The real flamingos were the best thing about that dump. Plus, they were quiet.

lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh heck, I don't think I mentioned this over the weekend - I own a wetsuit and am signed up for a sprint tri with an ocean swim  Here's to not drowning on June 24!!

I bet you bluerun is happy you do own such a wetsuit. Smile

Ran 6 with 6 X 100m @ 7:04mm.  Happy with how those strides felt.

Damaris

RunningOnSand

Dude, I rode the injury bus for a loooong time and I never begrudged my fellow runners for being able to run. And, like the others have said--if you can't share your victories (and non-victories) on here, where can you? If I could run that fast, you bet I'd be sharing those paces. Big grin

I ran 5. Again. On the TM. Again. Also watching Better Call Saul! Again.

Don't. The people who are bothered by that sort of thing left the building a long time ago.

Right. Those of us who are running like shit need to live vicariously through someone.

Speaking of shit, tomorrow is 6 miles progression: 3 MP, 2 steady state (~HMP), 1 tempo. I'm sure that'll go just smashingly. I'm actually relieved, because until I checked just now (glad I did), I thought it was 3 x 2 miles tempo, which sucks way more. But that's not till next week.

Dave

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Definitely windy again.  50 degrees isn't too cold, but a 30 mph wind gusting to 50 will add a chill.  After not getting out for two days, I ran 7 at easy pace and felt pretty good.  I'm hoping I'll get back into the routine.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                            10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

bluerun

Super B****

I bet you bluerun is happy you do own such a wetsuit. Smile

It will help avoid drowning  (I think my triathlon wetsuit is ready for the dump)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Coastal

Oops.  Wrong day.  Nothing here to see, other than the rest of the thread that is.