Beginners and Beyond

Race swag (Read 151 times)

Hip Redux

My husband just got his AG award from the Sandy Hook run.  It's a handmade 4" metal piece carved into the word Hope.  While nice, what the heck am I supposed to do with this? lol

What's your favorite bling you've gotten from a race - either AG award, medal or other swag?

onemile

I got two pint glasses as an AG award once.  It's nice to have something usable.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

My little copper kettle.

Running is dumb.

Just B.S.

Please excuse the really really goofy smile. Apparently I was very excited to receive

the first trophy ever in my life at age 50!LOL

I came 3rd Place Overall  and 1st in AG at a  ladies sprint duathlon. This is me getting my

award for coming in 3rd overall.

There were 60 participants, most in their 20's and 30's. I kicked ass.

Small potatoes I know but it made me happy.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I have a set of 4 heavy glass steins from one race. I seemed to place in my AG every other year, so it took me 7 years to earn them.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Hip Redux

Just BS - I totally had the same grin when I got my first (and only) AG award - it was a little plaque and I was so excited because I had no idea I was even close to the top so when they called my name it was like Christmas morning. LOL!

happylily

I think that what your DH received is nice! Can you hang it on the wall? Or use it to hold books or something?

For winning my AG in a marathon, last year in Nassau, I received a plaque with a conch glued on it and the date, race and category I won inscribed under. The volunteers, a bunch of Bahamian ladies, had made it themselves. I thought is was so charming and so greatly representative of the race and country. I put it up in my office. But the damn conch keeps falling off and I don't know what glue to use now. I've tried them all and nothing seems to work for more that a few weeks. Grrr... I guess I should just take it down and use it as a paper holder...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

onemile

So cute Smile

My little copper kettle.

Just B.S.

Just BS - I totally had the same grin when I got my first (and only) AG award - it was a little plaque and I was so excited because I had no idea I was even close to the top so when they called my name it was like Christmas morning. LOL!

I've received quite a few AG, you know cause I'm old. But most of our local races don't give anything

for AG, just the shout out.

But this was my first Overall win and I was super excited!LOL I keep in on the dresser in my bedroom so

I see it every day.Big grin

bluerun

Super B****

I prefer medals to plaques or trophies because they take up less space!  Sure, that means I end up with two medals if the race hands out participant's medals.  But the trophy I won at a 5K over a year ago is still sitting on the bookshelf where I plunked it down as soon as I walked in the door after the race, because I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with it.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

This last race had awesome swag; 1/4 zip pull over tech shirt, really cool medal and personalize bib (which is now the cover of my bib book).  My favorite though is from a small 5K that I ran last October.  The reason it's my favorite is because they brought 50 medals.  They were all numbered, and they gave them out in order from 1 to 50 as you crossed the finish line.  I crossed the finish line for a 5 minute PR, and they handed me #30.  That was a cool race, and I love the way they set that up.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Hip Redux

I think that what your DH received is nice! Can you hang it on the wall? Or use it to hold books or something?

Oh, it is nice.  But it's small - so not really 'wall hanging" sized.  I might force him to take it into his office at work because it would go well with the other doodads he has there I think!

Mostly harmless

Frederick Running Festival just posted this pic of this year's "Premium" on their Facebook page.  I can't wait to get this one. :-)

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Just B.S.

Oh, it is nice.  But it's small - so not really 'wall hanging" sized.  I might force him to take it into his office at work because it would go well with the other doodads he has there I think!

I was at my husband's office the other day and it made me smile.

He had gone out and bought some stick-on hangers and had his 3 favorite race medals hanging

over his desk.

Boston, Bermuda Marathon Challenge Marathon and Ottawa Marathon.

I had been wondering where those went to.Smile

Hip Redux

Frederick Running Festival just posted this pic of this year's "Premium" on their Facebook page.  I can't wait to get this one. :-)

Sweeeeet!