Beginners and Beyond

Jogging makes you dumb... (Read 447 times)

Love the Half

In their defense, Belgians do make what many consider the world's best beers.  That's gotta count for something.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Shakedown Street

such good research that men's health broke it....Wink

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

In their defense, Belgians do make what many consider the world's best chocolate.  That's gotta count for something.

FYP

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

happylily

And Bruges is a beautiful city. They also gave us many of the greatest French speaking cartoonists. They're not all that bad. Just a little funny. Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

hugsy

They also gave us many of the greatest French speaking cartoonists. They're not all that bad. Just a little funny. Big grin

Yeah, one created the Smurfs. Smile
            Buelligan

Car and motorcycle racing used to be banned in Belgium.  It's a testament to the human spirit that it created a generation of incredibly talented racers that dominated during what is now considered to be a golden age of Belgian world champions.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Scotty,

The fine people of Brussels would like to send you this message:

Manneken Pis

Good one!  LMAO.  Big grin

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

And Bruges is a beautiful city. They also gave us many of the greatest French speaking cartoonists. They're not all that bad. Just a little funny. Big grin

French speaking cartoonists.  Gee, that sounds more like French politicians...or politicians anywhere, for that matter, except that most don't speak French.... Joking

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Car and motorcycle racing used to be banned in Belgium.  It's a testament to the human spirit that it created a generation of incredibly talented racers that dominated during what is now considered to be a golden age of Belgian world champions.

Car racing is not a sport.  It's a skill, but it's not a sport. Wink  Just my personal opinion.

As for Belgium..well, I do like their waffles... Big grin