Beginners and Beyond

Penguin's 2oosDAILY (Read 14 times)

skygazer

Mitch, the story is scary. Luckily I don't have such worry as my running routes are quite safe from dog attacks. Well, the greenway where I run at there are a lot of people walking with their dogs. And once I saw a dog not on leash chase down a runner there (right toward me and that got me worried for a bit) and nobody claimed ownership of the dog. A guy was seen playing with the dog before the runner got to that point. But when the chase started and everybody was looking at him to stop the dog, he shrugged and said that's not his dog. The dog finally stopped chasing. But it was a fierce chase and shocked everybody who witnessed it.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Never had a problem with dogs while running.  There seems to be more pit bulls in the neighborhood these days, but they all seem tame.  I'm much more worried about bike attacks.  I don't think I have ever run in a secluded rural area.

Would pepper spray even phase an aggressive pit bull?

DD has a half pit bull.  She calls it a Pity.

3 miles for us @ 72*DP.  DW wouldn't let me cool off in the house until I stopped dripping

Robert31320

Team TJ

Robert- Good to see you back!  I remember you had registered for an ultra a while back.  Is that still on?

Unfortunately, a severe case of lazy ass killed that.  There was quite a waiting list for the race so I gave a local runner my spot.

I got in another 3.3 this evening.  Feeling kinda....tired this evening.  ;-)

Running for TJ because he can't.