Beginners and Beyond

Wondering Where the Weekend Penguins Are? (Read 20 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

DD2 has her XC race in a bit then we are headed to Zion for the week. Good times. That's my favorite place to hike and run so I'll be in heaven. My 5k went well yesterday and I met up with Redrum again. Smile

tracilynn

Jack, Have fun in Zion!  Smoky Mountains are my "ZION".

Pad, enjoy your vegan buffet. Sounds yummy!

I did 5.3 M on trails. Took some walk breaks but ran last 1/2 mile "fast" It felt good to get out of the Petri dish  house today.  Real breezy. Love my Skecher GRUs for trails and they felt good on the road too.

Crab ravioli on for lunch with Caesar salad and breadsticks.

~~~~~~~

Traci

obiebyke

Jack, I'm so jealous of your trip!

C25K W6D3 = 22 minutes, no walk breaks. That felt harder than it should've, but it's done!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

11 slow miles for us.  Probably not a great idea since we ran 5 yesterday, but it was 50f and not raining and we are running out of good running days.  32 miles for the week is most in months.   Need a shower and a nap now.  Have to go to a wake later; wife of my former boss, only 62.  Very sad and he just retired.

Have a great Sunday...

Jill.

Penguin Power!

I just got done with 5 with DH.  I was really struggling for the first half of the run before I realized that I was simply over dressed.  I took off my headband/ear cover thing and felt much better afterwards.

My little sister finished Philly in 4:24.  She was really disappointed with her time -- I can only some day hope to be that fast.  I guess it is all relative :-)  Maybe in 5 years if I can train consistently and keep on top of my injuries I can have a goal to aspire to.

I've been contemplating running Grandma's Marathon this year as my first because it takes place on my last day of being 29. (That way I'll have run a marathon in my 20s...)  Seeing how much my little sister struggles makes me feel like it probably isn't the best idea - but who knows.  Maybe if I am feeling good in mid march and there's still space I'll take the leap.  Otherwise, NYC 2015 will be my first full.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

TooStupidToStop

Rach^

Howdy Penguins!

Ran 2.63 miles before heading off to study group. Sadly they were treadmill miles, but that's okay. It was good. Plugged in a TV show and just ran. It's better than being a couch potato!

GinnyinPA

sapf - I was reading an article the other day about how many people run their first marathon when their ages is in years that end in 9 - i.e .29, 39, 49, 59.  Somehow changing decades makes you want to make the most of your time on this earth.

Jack - have fun in Zion.  It is one of my favorite National Parks, but I have several of those.

Traci - I'm glad your stomach felt better.

Obiebykes - good job on the 22 minutes.  I remember doing that leap in distance.  It's not easy, even when you've done it before.

Rachel - is Alaska finally getting some winter weather?  I understand it's been warm the last few weeks, after an early cold spell.  Good job on the TM miles.

Jerry - we also had a last blast of good weather, so I definitely understand getting out while you can.  Slow miles count just as much as fast ones.

AFM:  beautiful day - 55 and mostly sunny.  I wanted to do a long long run, but didn't want to push it by running my usual hills, so I headed up to the dirt rail trail in Shippensburg and ran my first ever 16 miler.  I was good for the first 11, then my water breaks became more frequent and a lot longer.  Still, I finished.  Very stiff afterwards, and a little nauseous, but otherwise I'm good.  It was fun to see so many other people, as on my usual routes I rarely see anyone: runners, bikes, walkers, a horse and a couple of Amish buggies when I crossed a paved road.  Nobody running my direction, unfortunately.  I was hoping to have someone to run with.

TooStupidToStop

Rach^

Ginny,

I wouldn't really call this winter quite yet. Granted we are in the negatives (-2° right now), but we have such little snow on the ground. This time last year we had a few feet of snow and it was already -40°. I guess it might be a mild winter????

Bummed that I had to ax my run today. Spent the day cleaning my dad's house to prep for T-day family overflow. Expecting 30+ family for dinner Saturday so very busy week ahead.

Traci, glad you are feeling better.

Docket, can't imagine your breathing frustrations. Sure wish you'd find relief so you could get out there and run as hard as you want. I've been a fan of your posts for as long as I've been reading running forums here and back on RW.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K