Beginners and Beyond

Monday Penguins, speaking another language! (Read 7 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Today is Arabic Language Day.  Of course I don't speak Arabic, or anything other than English, really, but that's my loss.

Anyway ...

So Dusty is taking his calming treats before bed, and also his daily joint supplements.  He still gets shut up in his crate long enough to munch up his Kong and for DH to get ready for bed, and then we let him out to sleep in the bedroom.  Our goal is to shut him up long enough for him to be shut up, but not long enough for him to get stressed.  Maybe eventually we can crate him all night again.  Who knows?  But he's doing really well sleeping in the bedroom, although one night he stole my car fob and last night he stole my long underwear.  No destruction in either case, though.

My incredibly busy weekend was lots of fun, although at both parties my introverty self reared up and said, "You know you'd really rather be curled up at home on the couch with a good book ..."  Sigh.  But I'm sure the socialization is good for me.  And I discovered I don't really like roasted chestnuts all that much, and neither does DH.  Oh well.  You never know until you try! 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 5 miles and weights tonight.

HopesMom, glad Dusty is doing better, poor thing.  Hoping he stops taking things at night.

Bugsy slept beside me all night.  Hershey and Sammy did not.  Trixie slept on and off and Rubio did sleep with us (even slept with Bugsy for an hour).  So, a conundrum.  I will probably take him to bed every other day but give him the chance to not come in so that Hershey can sleep with us.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

D - enjoy your light day today. Do the cats fight when they are together, or do they just avoid each other?

HM - I'm glad Dusty is doing better. Ben chewed a few things when we first brought him home (he hadn't lived indoors before us) but after that the only thing he chews is napkins or food. I assume the napkins smell like food.  Our only issue sleeping with him is that lately he's been waking up early and waking us up. That's new and not welcome behavior.

Rest or xt day here. It is supposed to be warmer (50) and I hate to waste a good day, but rest is good too.

Docket_Rocket

There have not been any fights but Hershey does not like Bugsy a lot and meows and hisses at him.  He has swatted at him but Bugsy still does not GAF, lol.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

It's 60 degrees outside, so my walk was lovely!!