Beginners and Beyond

WTF Wednesdailies (Read 31 times)

onemile

You don't try to push the pace? I mean let's say I have a workout at a given pace, 8:34mm for example, I'll start at that pace, but if I think I can do better and still do the whole workout, I'll probably go faster.

+1

Docket_Rocket

You don't try to push the pace? I mean let's say I have a workout at a given pace, 8:34mm for example, I'll start at that pace, but if I think I can do better and still do the whole workout, I'll probably go faster.

I do normally (or lately), but today between my hearing and my migraine during the workout, I thought best to just leave it there. I seriously thought I wouldn't be able to finish the second interval at that pace but I should have pushed one more up on the TM for that last one to challenge myself. I just didn't have it in me today (mentally). I did the 5K ones at below 8mm so I should have more confidence.  Onemile is helping me with that on intervals but today I failed, lol.

Next time, I shall do 8:21mm and see.  Or 8:14mm and see if I fall off...

Before I posted this I knew onemile would agree with you.  I SHOULD KNOW BETTER BY NOW!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Runshortii

I do a Gu at 6, 12, 18, 24. Depending where the water stations are, so I can wash them down. 

Mine is similar, I do miles 5,10,15 and 20 (give or take where the water stations are). It worked well at Chicago. Last year I didn't take one at mile 20 and maybe that's why I slowed down, or maybe not. Who knows. For breakfast I usually do a couple of these homemade muffins or a bagel, coffee, a banana, and an RX bar later on like an hour before.

Other than with my gu's I think I only took water at two other aid stations..somewhere in the later miles. Obviously if it were hotter I would've drank more.

Runshortii

11 miles with 6x1 mile at 10k (6:20 avg), with 3 minutes jog between

This sounds hard

onemile

This sounds hard

It was definitely hard but doable unlike the 8x1k at 6:10 pace that she wanted me to do last week.  But for this one she wanted me to try to hit 10k pace, instead of a specific pace. So I figured to aim for 6:25 which would be in line with my half marathon pace and the 7:15 marathon pace she assigned.

Dave

Dave

sdWhiskers

I don't think my coach would be thrilled with that approach, unless you're just pushing a little. "Don't race your workouts"

sdWhiskers

11 miles with 6x1 mile at 10k (6:20 avg), with 3 minutes jog between

I had something similar last weekend except only 5x1 mile. It was harder than I was expecting!

I guess I better do a race this weekend.

Registered.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Registered.

make sure to list it on the fucking RACE THREAD! 

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

make sure to list it on the fucking RACE THREAD! 

For you - anything.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

For you - anything.

That's more like it. Smile

Damaris

Fundraising Page