Beginners and Beyond

Soggy Saturdailies (Read 52 times)

Hi dailies:

Marjorie - beat the heat

DaveP - there are trout in your backyard?  Do you have a fly rod or dynamite?

SIAR - two LR's a week, nice.

Step - cool, hope it goes well

Baboon - there is no end, only week.  Apparently people sometimes drink beer around Independence day.  Nice easy miles.

Oski - that looks delicious

Bruce - we have to count Ohio?  They don't use punch cards with hanging chads, but Diebold machines, right?  Maybe worse still.

Rick - that's one heavy ass...

D - bench pressing hubby = BA

jjs - yesh

Zelanie - hope it cooled off for you

MBC - lots of docs

Brr - nice job on the fast pace

Kristin - that all sounds very posh

B+ - heat wave

Tom - bump it up

Beach - typing in Mass. accent, nice!

April - congrats on the 20, verrry nice

Hobbit - nice run

Scotty - busy day, well done

Namtor - cake?  no bogarting.

OOTB - wow, congrats to your grandparents for still being around

D^2 - could your wring out your socks?

Ric-G - sell anything good?

Ron - sounds like it's rainy in more places than not

13.1 at HMP early this morning before heading in to work.

Docket_Rocket

3.50 miles with hubby.  His longest run in this second running career of his.

No weights, as I am still sore from the weights on Thursday.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

YAYpril - B-Plus

I'm at a minor league baseball game. Thrilling.

SIAR, don't you live in Toledo? If so, my team is playing your Toledo Mudhens. Hehe, mudhen.

LRB

Thanks for everyone's medical advice, I guess I will try to get an appointment. Stay tuned for a post like Lily's at some point down the road, asking for opinions on whether I should still run Detroit on insufficient training. I don't have nearly the training base she does to fall back on. Hopefully I am just over-reacting to this thing & it will turn out to be not too bad.

Training for and running a marathon will certainly help your case should you take time off.  It will just be about how how low will your fall marathon expectations have to go.

April, the Mud Hens are the Tigers affiliate.

Supp D2 and Ron.

Jay, we get a race report with that?

Jess runs for bacon

Oh hai.

currently in Long Island, ny. Me and little sis came up today to do site cleanup at the "new" Tesla museum. If you don't know about it google tesla museum oatmeal. Anyway we ripped out a bunch of poison ivy, I learned I am still immune but my sister is not. Fn though Smile

I need some advice though. On Saturday mornings I run with a group but my friend joins me. She hasn't been in the past one and I've been doing really great the past two weeks. But then today I could barely get through three miles. I don't know what is different about running with her but I always feel crappy. I was going to do my long runs with another group that meets the same day but if I can't get through three s consistently with her I don't think it'll work. Has anyone had a problem like this?

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I'm at a minor league baseball game. Thrilling.

SIAR, don't you live in Toledo? If so, my team is playing your Toledo Mudhens. Hehe, mudhen.

I'm closer to Akron actually...I just did a marathon up there.  Good memory though!

I don't usually say this, but I kinda killed it tonight at the track (partly for you LRB):

5x1200 w 400m recovery (about 2:45)
              4:12, 4:17, 4:15, 4:15, 4:15  (really good workout; about 5:34 pace)

The fact that there was no faltering in the middle was awesome, and I really could feel the pace I was trying to run.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

5x1200 w 400m recovery (about 2:45)
                4:12, 4:17, 4:15, 4:15, 4:15  (really good workout; about 5:34 pace)

The fact that there was no faltering in the middle was awesome, and I really could feel the pace I was trying to run.

I didn't have that today, normally I do.  What pace is that you ran, 5k or mile?

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I didn't have that today, normally I do.  What pace is that you ran, 5k or mile?

I'm hoping to carry 5:40-5:45 pace in the 5k I do in a week or two (haven't picked one yet).  To answer your question, that workout was to be just a touch faster than 5k pace.

LRB

I'm hoping to carry 5:40-5:45 pace in the 5k I do in a week or two (haven't picked one yet).  To answer your question, that workout was to be just a touch faster than 5k pace.

Goal 5k pace in 1200's?  Boss!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Goal 5k pace in 1200's?  Boss!

Hey, let's not confuse anything...The Sauce Is the Boss, according to Sweet Baby Ray.  Man do I miss Chicago bbq.  There's a place in Hyde Park called Ribs and Bibs that I'd personally give a rib for right now.

Although this pizza I'm munching isn't too bad either...feta cheese, greek olives, tomato, sausage and green peppers.

LRB

Although this pizza I'm munching isn't too bad either...feta cheese, greek olives, tomato, sausage and green peppers.

I had feta and olives tonight as well.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I kinda feel like we should hug it out.  You comfortable with that?

Will run for scenery.

Anybody still up ?

I did not get soaked today.  No serious rain until the last of the beer was running out.

I drove down-valley to where it isn't raining and where there happens to be a (commercial) hot springs.  Back and forth from hot (warm) pool to hot (HOT!) steam "sauna".

Bod feels very good, all in all, but my back is a bit achy.

Oh, race was fantastic.  RR in a day or two.  Think I'm gonna camp near here tonight an maybe do some flat trail running tomorrow, body & weather permitting.

Scotty - congrats.

Dave - Ouch, sorry.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Another romantic dinner for LRB & SIAR? Jeez guys, this is getting uncomfortable. !

Dave

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Oh hai.

currently in Long Island, ny. Me and little sis came up today to do site cleanup at the "new" Tesla museum. If you don't know about it google tesla museum oatmeal. Anyway we ripped out a bunch of poison ivy, I learned I am still immune but my sister is not. Fn though Smile

I need some advice though. On Saturday mornings I run with a group but my friend joins me. She hasn't been in the past one and I've been doing really great the past two weeks. But then today I could barely get through three miles. I don't know what is different about running with her but I always feel crappy. I was going to do my long runs with another group that meets the same day but if I can't get through three s consistently with her I don't think it'll work. Has anyone had a problem like this?

I haven't had the problem personally, but at our running group we have two ladies that are very co-dependent.  They're great friends and love running together, but there's an age gap and an emerging pace gap, and they're starting to hold each other back (or the one is starting to hold the other back).  I think it's very similar to social situations in that if one person is having a rough day, it's easy for that to rub off on others.  To me, it seems like the key is to communicate that you enjoy running with the person, but maybe some of your runs you also need to do with a different group so that you can try out different paces.  It's probably not an easy conversation to have, but it seems like the kind of thing that will go over better if you're just up front about it.