Beginners and Beyond

Could The End Be Near? (Read 854 times)

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

For anyone that hasn't checked lately, 124 have joined this group.

We probably won't be missed because the spambots will make up for the lost revenue. Remember Mark (or Kevin) posting about the record traffic month they had earlier this year? It was all spambots and spam bumps.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Jenny put it perfectly.  Once the spam disappears and threads can actually be posted again, I vote we put up a link to here and invite others to join us.

Running is dumb.

LRB

For anyone that hasn't checked lately, 124 have joined this group.

We probably won't be missed because the spambots will make up for the lost revenue. Remember Mark (or Kevin) posting about the record traffic month they had earlier this year? It was all spambots and spam bumps.

And it keeps growing!

I do remember the post from the summer.  He was immediately flamed for that inane comment.

Yes, the famous words, "we had our best month ever."  But how much of that was spam?  A ton! 

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Nevrgivup

Dropping in to say hi. I couldn't watch my friends jump ship and not go with them. I miss you all! Approve

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Karen M

I emailed Mark - he agrees with the frustration. Reading between the lines, I suspect this is Rodale 'control', and that it's out of RW hands...

Marathons are habit-forming...

"I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength."

Philippians 4:13, NLT

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

So if Rodale wants to kill the forums they should announce it and do it already.

toyger

Jenny put it perfectly.  Once the spam disappears and threads can actually be posted again, I vote we put up a link to here and invite others to join us.

Great idea, Mandy! I'm getting used to RA. Seems like a great bunch, and it's nice to see people are migrating over. I could have gotten used to the RWOL forum changes maybe, but the spam is too much.

Jen

LRB

There are links to this group on RW, all of which should be buried on about page 16 by now.

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

Scottydog hasn't found his way here yet?  Sad  He's probably busy running four 5k's this weekend but hopefully he'll come over. 

Supersono99

I didn't mind the changes, but the spam has rendered the bf a bf joke. 

bumble73

Other than the NYC Marathon forum and 2013 mileage post each week, I had pretty much given up on RWOL. Thank

gosh for FB and the groups over there for pushing me in the right direction. I'm digging this place already. Great to see everyone.

Docket_Rocket

Should we tell Remy or Knabe we left and why?  We hate the way the forum went with Pluck but those 2 guys were usually pretty stand up with the group.  Its just S^S that is the evil fuck over there.

I was thinking the same thing.  I'm friends with Mark in FB; not sure how he will take it, though.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

The noobs we left behind can't understand why the 'mods' aren't deleting threads. I'm tired of explaining.

LRB

There was some noble thread bumping there for a while, but the spam is being posted at a three thread per minute clip.

There is simply no way to combat an assault like that.