Beginners and Beyond

DAILIES for Monday (Read 50 times)

delicate flower

How close are you to running at this point?

About four weeks.  When I start up, it'll be slow and short.  I'll have restrictions until July.

<3

I just checked the race results online. I did it in 42:21. Eh? I asked someone... I was told that the first time was probably from the moment the starting horn sounded and the clock began running and that the second time is my actual time, the time it took to reach the finish line from the starting line.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Sounds to me like you need to lay off the hill sprints.

You're welcome.

That was my attempt to inject some feeling back into my legs.  I'm grasping at straws though really.

Thanks for the thoughts.  I'm sure most of it is having just been sick and having way more days off than I'm accustomed to.  A stiff drink sounds like a pretty good idea, regardless.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Docket_Rocket

Oops. Too late.  Will start now.

Drink LOTS of water!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Are you tapering?

Hey all.  I think my body is messing with me right now, and I feel like I'm falling apart, mentally and phsyically.  I'm trying not to freak out, but it's getting hard.  I swore the legs I was running on today weren't mine.  I felt like I didn't even know what my stride was anymore.  On top of that, I now have this weird pain on the very top of my calf/behind my knee.  It's almost like a pulled a muscle, but I know I didn't.  Who knows!

Oh, my run was 7.65 miles with 8x10sec hill sprints.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Are you tapering?

I don't know what I'm doing. Not tapering per se, but it's taper time, if that makes sense. I'm all thrown off from missing the 4 days when I was sick.

@runjerseygirl

Oops. Too late.  Will start now.

Always a good idea to drink lots of water after an adjustment.  Especially one that corrects an existing ailment.  Chug chug!

Do you even run?

Docket_Rocket

Sounds like it.

I don't know what I'm doing. Not tapering per se, but it's taper time, if that makes sense. I'm all thrown off from missing the 4 days when I was sick.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Will do!  Just chugged some raspberry iced tea.

Always a good idea to drink lots of water after an adjustment.  Especially one that corrects an existing ailment.  Chug chug!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

SIAR sorry your run felt so off. Hopefully you juat need to shake off the cobwebs after the missed days. I wpuld second (third? forth?) the idea of relaxing having a drink, and not stressing about it. You're running Boston, right?

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

SIAR sorry your run felt so off. Hopefully you juat need to shake off the cobwebs after the missed days. I wpuld second (third? forth?) the idea of relaxing having a drink, and not stressing about it. You're running Boston, right?

All I had in the house was a margarita in a bottle, so I went with that lol. I'm actually doing Toledo on 4/28, and pacing a 1:30 half Sunday. Hopefully enough time for me.

LRB

All I had in the house was a margarita in a bottle, so I went with that lol. I'm actually doing Toledo on 4/28, and pacing a 1:30 half Sunday. Hopefully enough time for me.

You're just going through a rough stretch, we all have been there.  Keep the faith, it will come together on race day.

SIAR, I had that funky feeling behind one of my knees a few months ago. My upper calf an lower hamstring were very tight, causing the popliteus to be strained. I kept training, but made sure to roll and stretch my calves and hamstrings.

Ab work is done. I'm off to take Tylenol, roll, massage with some sports cream, eat, and go to bed. Good night, everyone.

Mmmmm...beer

LOL  My 5yo is the one playing t-ball Smile

7.4 miles done, loving the weather, 70* at 10pm! Big grin

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Hi dailies:

SIAR - you'll be fine, with all those killer runs you've been doing the past few months.  Maybe a fartlek would be good?

SRD tinkering with my cranky hot water tank, hoping it may be ok for now.

Spring peepers, thunder, the smell of rain -- a new season may actually be here.