Beginners and Beyond

OMG Downton Abbey OMG (NRR, BTW) (Read 181 times)

Will run for scenery.

Is Lady Mary gonna marry whassisname ? I can hardly wait. It's been a long cold lonely (autumn).  Don't spoil it for me you b#%$#*.

Anybody else here a fan ?

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Sloooow.

Partner is a BIG fan. He has it DVR'ing. I've never really liked period drama's though.

lol, I just started watching the first season on Netflix this weekend.  I'm not usually into period dramas, either, but I'm liking this!

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

TxDiverMom

JJS, the first episode was just OMG OMG AWESOME!!!!  I kept talking to the TV and clapping.  Like "Go Edith" and Aww...and it was just so funny too!  Shirley McClaine & Maggie Smith on the same screen are a HOOT!!!  I stil just can't believe how much happened in 2 hours.  I'm going to have to rewatch to make sure I caught everything.

TxDiverMom

But this is more like the old Dallas or Dynasty than a period drama.  At least that's what it reminds me of...or I guess I should be more current and say a One Tree Hill or 90210. Showing my age!

lol, I just started watching the first season on Netflix this weekend.  I'm not usually into period dramas, either, but I'm liking this!

hvmorfun

mad cow

LOVE this show!  Not only am I not a big fan of period dramas, but not a huge fan of "soaps" either.  This one has me hooked Blush

You know, evil comes in many forms, be it a man-eating cow or Joseph Stalin. But you can't let the package hide the pudding. Evil is just plain bad. You don't cotton to it. You gotta smack it on the nose with the rolled up newspaper of goodness. Bad dog! Bad dog!

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

DH and I both love Downton!!  We watched it online on itv, which is the British station it airs on, so I'm way ahead of the rest of you on the story lines this season. My only spoiler: Kleenex. Invest in lots and lots of Kleenex. There are a couple episodes where you'll really need them....

Relentless forward progress