Beginners and Beyond

What's Your Favorite Drink? MonDAILIES (Read 290 times)

Docket_Rocket

I know how to make them but I don't live near you.

Is that the only way to have one?  Don't Puerto Rican chicas make them just as well?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Issue with waxing is you have to let it grow out for a few weeks in between....gross

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

CrisRuns

Issue with waxing is you have to let it grow out for a few weeks in between....gross

True, but there is less and less hair very time you wax.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I always hear this, but not so true for me! That's TMI probably lol

True, but there is less and less hair very time you wax.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I got a little carried away on Sunday.  Went 3.5 miles at Fort Sam Houston, got back to the gym, and then did a full-body weight training circuit after my run.  Got home and fell asleep in my chair, lol, watching football, but woke up in time to see the Damn
            Dallas Cowboys lose in overtime, yay, and see my Redskins win to take first place in the NFC East, yay!   This morning I got up at 7 a.m. and went to Lackland Air Force Base.  I believe I got a bit too ambitious.  First I ran all of the pedestrian ramp overpasses/bridges (there are 4 of them) that go over the highway and connect the training side of the base to the "regular duty" folks' side of the base.  Then I ran a couple of laps around one of the base tracks on the training side.  It was funny cuz right after I started, a couple of Training Instructors (T.I.) brought their Basic Trainees to the track to do a 3-mile run.  I asked them if they wanted me to vacate the track but they said "No, you're fine, if you don't mind being surrounded by trainees as you run.  Heck, you might even inspire a few of them."  ( I was wearing my usual for my running, one of my  "I BEAT CANCER" shirt, this one bright neon green).  So around the track I went with the trainees.  One of the  T.I.s  was funny, not kidding about me motivating, lol, cuz a couple of times he would signal out a trainee near me as we both went by where the T.I.s were standing and call out something like "Jones! (not actual name, of course, I've changed  the names to protect identities ),  why is that Senior Citizen still ahead of you? You can't keep up with an old man? GET MOVING!" and  "Smith!  That old guy is about to lap you!  Maybe I should get my grandmother out here to pace you!" And so forth, he cracked me up.  Then, as I exited the track to continue on my way back to the gym, I cracked him up by saying "Well, at least you didn't ask them all to get in step with me."  Big grin  It was actually a pretty fun time, thoroughly enjoyed it.  Then I decided to go the long way back to the gym, since it was such a nice morning - sunshine, 58 degrees, light breeze - and I ended up with 4.5 miles done.   I felt good, but it is not so good to be too ambitious the next day after you do full-body weight training, cuz my legs were really complaining there for a while, lol, until BRAIN finally shouted at them, "SHUT UP!  So we did a few uphill ramps, and so we tried for a while to keep pace with some speedier trainees, big deal, you KNOW we all had fun with this run.  So get over it!"  So after BRAIN took control - that, and putting on some biofreeze after my shower - legs felt much better.

On a sadder note, I did lose a friend at the end of this run...

Farewell, old friend, you have served me well,

Ten years with you is quite a spell.

No matter what I put you through

You did everything I asked you to.

But your time is now done, we must part,

So I let you go with heavy heart.

I send you on now to your place of rest,

My faithful running shorts that were the best.

Yes, after 10 years of use, my favorite pair of running shorts died after this run, with the elasticity in the waistband finally collapsing, and most of the liner coming apart.  But what a faithful pair of shorts, at least it waited until after the run was done to collapse.  Joking

Luckily, I have 3 more pairs of the same brand that are newer than that first pair I bought 10 years ago.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Rough week last week. I only got in 64 miles and no LR my first week of training b/c the fibular head on my knee is tweaked. I'm trying to be smart and resting my knee today, hoping that by tomorrow, it will be good as new. In the meantime, Merry Christmas eve, peeps!!!!

Only 64 miles, lol.  I got in a whopping 18.

LRB

Scotty, you were in the mood to write lmao!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I don't get to have this tasty treat that often at all, but mine is a B-52 layered with Kahlúa, Baileys Irish Cream and Grand Marnier.

Hmm, I can drink those bad boys all night...I actually did once and took a two hour nap during a party I was hosting!  "Where's Rick?"  Wink

My favorite is beer, but that looks interesting. Is that a shot or do you sip it or what?

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Um....we have to shave more body parts than you do!   

And, it is very much appreciated!

Yes, it is!   When I was in Greece during my military days, I was sitting on the bus and this lady got on and, at is was very crowded, ended up standing beside me holding onto the hand-thingy that comes down from the ceiling of the bus.  I gave her my seat.  People thought I was being polite, but I was actually doing it to be above her where I could get some "fresh air" and also save my eyes because the women in Greece usually don't shave their underarms or use anti-perspirant/deodarant (some do, but most don't)....

I much prefer the clean-shaved, clean smelling ladies, so thank you ladies! Big grin

As for shaving for men:  after I retired from the military, I tried to grow my beard back (I had one when I was in high school) and also let my hair grow a bit long.  But after 3 weeks I could not stand it, lol.  I guess 24 years in the military conditions you.  As soon as my hair started touching my ears, it drove me crazy!  And my beard started itching like crazy.  So back to my military look, lol.

As for favorite drink:    I don't like "hard liquor" and am not all that fond of wine, either.  I'm a lightweight, I like beer.  I don't drink a lot of it these days ,but during my younger years, when I was overseas in the military, oh boy, did we have some parties and we often stayed until places had to throw us out cuz they were closing.  And yes, I ended up with having some stories too of some pretty crazy stuff I did back then. I look back and sometimes am amazed I came out alive through it all.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Only 64 miles, lol.  I got in a whopping 18.

Which beats my measley little 16. Too much activity going on last week. Not much time to run.

Which is fine - needed the rest.

Sorry to hear about your worn out shorts! Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Will run for scenery.

Scotty, I think Ron Swanson just shed a tear.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

LRB

Jack, either of the two liqueurs on their own is a tough swallow for me, but together with the Grand Mariner, they are a perfect harmony.  Depending on the size of the glass, I will take three to five sips to finish that bad boy.  I would never "slam" one, as the flavors are simply  too damn good to waste like that.

Next time you're out, try one (that goes for you pretty ladies too).  Just ask for it layered because some bartenders will mix it up and I have even had one served to me mixed with ice in it!  I was like um, you can return that shit to sender!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

LRB: Ya know, I really wish we were neighbors...

LRB

LRB: Ya know, I really wish we were neighbors...

scottydawg, damn, that was a great run!

I've decided to run the 10.0 miles tomorrow. I've already worked out for ninety minutes today. Now, all I have to do is figure out when I'll do my sixteen quarter-mile repeats and second easy run of the week. I'm looking forward to exercising on a normal schedule again.