Beginners and Beyond

Motivation meter FriDAILIES (Read 23 times)

Docket_Rocket

My would-be virtual Boston last year canceled the Thursday before the race...

This is what I'm afraid of for Chicago. After October 1, they can cancel and won't pay back anything, etc, per the instructions. After October 6 my hotel does not allow cancelations, so hoping they do it before I can move the hotel to next year. Since I'm a free deferral for last year, I'm like meh about whether they will defer or not; I will have to pay again next year anyway.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

My would-be virtual Boston last year canceled the Thursday before the race...

I ran my virtual Boston solo.  No cancellation.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

Video about MCM cancellation. WTF (or with the reasons, WFT)

The reasons they cite aren't anything new that changed in the last day or two. If it was always about protecting military & first repsonders, the cancellation should have happened long ago and without the promises of a live race.

I wonder if there is something going on behind the scenes with Baltimore. I fully expected them to jump all over this cancellation.

sdWhiskers

Re: marathons: I've heard TCM is still a go (Twin Cities Marathon for all you non-Minnesotans)

Thanks! I'm trying to keep up

sdWhiskers

I wonder if there is something going on behind the scenes with Baltimore. I fully expected them to jump all over this cancellation.

Is Baltimore a popular marathon? Besides you, I don't think I've heard anyone talk about it

Half Crazy K 2.0

Is Baltimore a popular marathon? Besides you, I don't think I've heard anyone talk about it

The HM gets 8-10k people, full about 4-5k. It gets a fair amount of out of towners. Heck, I think it is easier if you have to stay in a hotel since they close down so much of downtown. Last year, they made a big deal about holding a live race (lol), so they must have learned.

ETA, it's the biggest one held in MD.

bluerun

Super B****

I ran my virtual Boston solo.  No cancellation.

Well, so did I. And I'm pretty sure I ran faster than I would have at the actual event, which I ran this year instead

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog