Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday, OMG is it early, the first Penguins Post for the year (Read 178 times)

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." WinkIt can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

Good morning penguins!  I was in bed by 10:30... LOL    I was awoke at midnight by several neighbors letting off fireworks so I technically rang in the bell.  Had a good time.  Visited with friends for awhile, ate WAY too much.  However, it's a good start to the year.  Off to work I go and hope everyone has a great day.

Docket_Rocket

Morning! Off to run 15.  Weights tonight.

Happy New Year!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Happy New Year Peng's !!!  Hope you all behaved last night.

We will start 2013 with a visit to the park district track and get in a few miles, depending on how many resolutioners are there.  Don't want to try outside as I'm still congested.

Wink

N-bug : you must live in our neighborhood! DH and I were in bed by 10 and the neighbors let off fireworks at midnight! Then I got a drunk dial at. 230 am

damaris: enjoy your 15!!!

jerry: good luck with the resolutioners, I am heading outside for a few miles later!

Afm- I didn't sign up for the local 5k in time so I might be just running a time trial today! Or maybe so easy miles not sure yet! But have a happy new year everyone!

Completed my first half marathon 2:09:04!!!

Robert31320

Team TJ

Good morning Penguins.

I've started my New Year with 3.25 miles already.

Happy New Year to you all!

Running for TJ because he can't.

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good Morning Penguins!

I was in bed by 11:15 and slept in late this morning!  Yesterday I had to work and went out for dinner with the family. As far as workouts, I did nothing and wasn't really motivated. This year good things will come!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Jen2011

Happy New Year Penguins!  Heading out for a 10K soon.  Hope the rain clears up!

Have a great day!

Jen

Upcoming races:

Covenant Health Knoxville 5K 4/7/13 (and cheering on DH for his 1st Marathon!!)

Rock and Roll Chicago Half Marathon 7/21/13

Tower of Terror Ten Miler 10/5/13

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Happy 2013 everyone!

URD #4 for me. Knee hurts too much.  After doing a little research, I realized it is almost definitely ITBS. Hurts right along the outside of the left knee. Can be a little tender always, but no pain when I'm standing on it with a straight leg or walking slow but hurts like the dickens when walking up or down stairs, up or down inclines, walking quickly, running, putting weight on it while it's bent.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

hog4life

Vance, have a good day at work.

Damaris, I'll be happy when I can say that I'm heading out for 15, enjoy.

Jerry, take it easy with the congestion, don't want to make it worse.

Kristi, have a good run. Did the race sell out?

Robert, nice job on the miles.

Gustav, have a good day.

Jen, good luck at the 10k, be sure to come back and tell us about it.

Kristin, that is such a bummer, I hope you get it straightened out soon.

AFM, I had a cluster yesterday. Somehow, my superiors forgot to tell me that I did not have to work. I spent all day sleeping and drove to work last night(22 miles), just to find out that no one was there. I made a phone call, and yep, he veified we were not working until Wednesday. We got a brand new boss a few weeks ago, and apparently he doesn't have a damn clue.

I want to run an easy 4-5 today, but I awoke to a down pour. I'll look for a break in the rain, or may just take a RD.

Mmmmm...beer

Happy New Year Penguins!!!

Hope everyone had a fun and safe night last night.  I had a great time at the Beat the Ball 5K, fun race.  Really have to work on my pacing tho.  Gonna run the Frosty 5k on the 12th and try again.

Have my first 10k coming up this Saturday, should be a fun race.  It's a low key distance series that the local club puts on to prep for the Shamrock half/full, no awards, just a bunch of runners getting ready for a big race.  But there is a party afterwards. Smile

Gonna go out for 8 miles later today.

Vance, thanks for starting us off!  Sorry the neighbors woke you up.

Damaris, have a great run!

Jerry, hope the track isn't too full!

Kristi, I've done that to myself a few times.  Hope you have a great run!

Robert, great way to start the New Year!

Gustav, I like your attitude, it's going to be a great year! Smile

Jen, good luck at the 10k!!

Kristin, sorry to hear about the ITB, I keep reading about rolling and stretching that helps, hopefully that will work for you.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Mmmmm...beer

Mitch, ya slipped in on me.  Hate clueless management!  Hope you can catch a break in the rain and get your run in. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

aweee!! Mitch, that is kinda bittersweet! To drive the whole way there for nothing surely sucks, but at least you got to drive back home until tomorrow. I hope your new boss get's his clue soon! lol

Vance, have a good day at work.

Damaris, I'll be happy when I can say that I'm heading out for 15, enjoy.

Jerry, take it easy with the congestion, don't want to make it worse.

Kristi, have a good run. Did the race sell out?

Robert, nice job on the miles.

Gustav, have a good day.

Jen, good luck at the 10k, be sure to come back and tell us about it.

Kristin, that is such a bummer, I hope you get it straightened out soon.

AFM, I had a cluster yesterday. Somehow, my superiors forgot to tell me that I did not have to work. I spent all day sleeping and drove to work last night(22 miles), just to find out that no one was there. I made a phone call, and yep, he veified we were not working until Wednesday. We got a brand new boss a few weeks ago, and apparently he doesn't have a damn clue.

I want to run an easy 4-5 today, but I awoke to a down pour. I'll look for a break in the rain, or may just take a RD.

Do or do not, there is no try. 

My first races EVER! 

Saxonburg Distance Series 5KRaces: 

#1: 7-14-2012 Cross Country Crusade 5K: 42:50 

#2: 8-11-2012 Roebling's Run 5K: 38:54

#3: 9-8-2012 Festival of the Arts 5K: 36:37

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

Happy New Years and happy tax increase day, penguins.

Dinner later on at the in-laws. Got another 2 inches or so of snow here last night. I think this is going to be a winter where every time we get the snow cleaned up, it's going to just snow some more. Last we year's Winter was mild and we barely had any snow! This year is going to make up for it, I guess!

8 weeks from today; I graduate, get a job, and buying a house is first on our list. I can't wait.

Do or do not, there is no try. 

My first races EVER! 

Saxonburg Distance Series 5KRaces: 

#1: 7-14-2012 Cross Country Crusade 5K: 42:50 

#2: 8-11-2012 Roebling's Run 5K: 38:54

#3: 9-8-2012 Festival of the Arts 5K: 36:37

tracilynn

AngryMitch, argh. Im mad for you!  Enjoy the rest of your day.

Vance and kristi, like you I ate way too much, was in bed early, awoken by fireworks so watched the ball drop since I was up.  Ha!

Jen, good luck today!

Kristin, that sucks.  DeadITB is my nemesis and has plagued me for 10 months.  I hope you can figure yours out.  I havent been very successful yet as it has gotten me 3 or 4 times now.  Pain up and downstairs is always a dead giveaway for me and painful rolling.

My plan calls for stretch and strength so I will prob do some yoga and myrtyl and plank rotisseries.

Happy new year pengsCool

~~~~~~~

Traci