Beginners and Beyond

Halloween Penguins Friday - Trick or Treat? (Read 22 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

30 minutes indoor track for me.  First of many.  DW had to walk as she recovers from a nasty stepladder fall. Seems like runners bounce pretty well.

We don't expect many ToT's as the weather sucks today.

Is today your Bday HsM?  Happy Bday if it is, belated if not.  Careful with the trampoline.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Brrr - what a blustery long run.  Glad to be done with it.  In retrospect a little more clothing would have been appropriate :-)  I wasn't too cold though.

I just heard that they're changing NYCM registration procedures.  From my email:

"2015 APPLICATION: GET THE NEWS SOONER!

We're excited to announce a new registration timeline. Application for the 2015 TCS New York City Marathon will open on January 15 and close on February 15. That's a shorter window than you're used to, and it means you'll find out earlier than in past years whether you've scored a spot in the world's biggest marathon. The big race takes place on Sunday, November 1, 2015, and we'll have more info soon on the TCS New York City Marathon website."

Ugh.  I wonder if this means I need to claim my entry by Feb 15th.  I am qualified through the 9+1 program but not really certain that I'll be "marathon ready" by next fall.  I wish I had a bit longer to decide whether to claim my entry.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Singer who runs a smidge

Is today your Bday HsM?  Happy Bday if it is, belated if not.  Careful with the trampoline.

No, my birthday was back at the end of September.  It just took me a while to arrange the purchase with birthday money from my folks.  Luckily this is just a little mini-trampoline, less hazardous for the balance-challenged!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

From the Internet.

Guys, I ran today!! Not walk/run, just run! Big grin 3.26 miles, only stopped for traffic lights, which is normal for running while at work (lots and lots and lots of streets to cross).

GinnyinPA

Jerry - I hope your wife is okay.  I hate ladders.

Lauren - congratulations on the non-stop run.  How does the incision feel afterwards?

sapf - it gives you good incentive to get marathon ready.  A year should be enough time, barring injury.  The real question is whether you're ready to commit the time/energy to doing the training so that you are ready.  That's my issue.  I like having the freedom to run without a schedule, just for fun and according to mood. Committing to the marathon means I would have to run 40-60 mpw no matter what.  I've seen the burnout that has happened to some of the runners in this forum after being so focused on the one race, and it scares me. But then I see people like Damaris, who go out month after month and have fun or at least enjoy the challenge of the long races and it does make me want to see for myself if I can do it. You still have a couple of months to decide about NYCM.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Guys, I ran today!! Not walk/run, just run! Big grin 3.26 miles, only stopped for traffic lights, which is normal for running while at work (lots and lots and lots of streets to cross).

Congrats!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt