Beginners and Beyond

Stormy Penguin's Thursdaily (Read 23 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

Sigh ... I got Damarised.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

So I'm looking online at love seats from this furniture store.  There are a few I like, they're in my price range, so I decide to click on the button that says "Locate on the showroom floor!"  Figuring, do I really need a map of the store?

The next screen asks for my zip code.  I put it in, and select "within 25 miles".  None of the couches are available in my store.

So I select "Show all".  None of the couches are available within 150 miles of me.  They're all in other states.

So I e-mailed the company and complained that their lack of inventory meant that I couldn't sit on a couch to decide whether or not to purchase it.

This chick asked which one I was looking at.

I sent one, with the note "This is one example."

She said, "We don't have that one any more.  We're sold out."

I said, "Well, then, I guess some people do buy couches without being able to sit on them first."

She said, "I wouldn't, I'd want to sit on it first to make sure it was comfortable."

HELLO, THIS IS EXACTLY THE POINT I WAS TRYING TO MAKE IN THE FIRST PLACE!!! 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

PADRunner

PAD - have you been running in minimal drop shoes before?  Mine are 8.5 I think, I'm not sure how I'd do in that low a drop. I hope this racing season is good.  For a minute I forgot what you do, and I was picturing an office where everybody goes out running races every few days.

This is my first time to try them. They fell like  they're one step above barefoot.

Only the horses. 

GinnyinPA

Scotty - the snow this week was in New England, not this far south.  It was actually 70 a few days ago, 50 or so today.  I ended up having a great run, with a light mist for the first mile or so, then dry and cool.

Whewy! Time to call it a night. But just want to touch base before calling it quits.

Traci - my HM is the weekend after next. I dunno - big doubts bouncing around. I'm thinking I didn't do my planned intervals or tempo runs, and still struggling over 10+ miles. But I can hear one of The Wise Ones whispering too, "Trust your training".  Seriously will rethink my running goals after this HM and (probably) another one 3 weeks later.

Hiya Jeff - nice to meet you.

Scotty - where in the world do you come up with all the penguins???

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K