Beginners and Beyond

2014 Chicago Marathon RR (Very Very Long with Pics) (Read 85 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

HELL YES! Way to go D! Fastest time in two years! COME ON! +1 to everything that has been said but I would like to add that you are my hero. Smile Go kick New York in the ass!

outoftheblue

It's really nice to see you getting your racing mojo back.  Congrats on a great race!

Life is good.

Love the Half

Are you planning for NY to be a fun race or a hard race?

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Docket_Rocket

Thanks, guys!

Probably a fun race, but I'll decide the week of.  Or maybe something in between (like MP + 10%).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Congrats DR! Very nice race.

delicate flower

Nice job pushing through, Docket!  You are certainly headed in the right direction.  Smile  Bummer that breathing problems (again) were giving you problems.

<3

catwhoorg

Labrat

Congrats on getting your revenge.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

kettledrum

WTG  

Docket_Rocket

Thanks, guys.  Let me try to address some of the posts!

Jerry, awww.  I needed that Mountain Dew. Thanks for thinking of me!

LRB, yeap, NY is in three weeks.

PAD, thanks!

Andrea, true!  Thanks for pointing the post surgery PR out.

Lauren, thanks!  Hope you recover well from your surgery!

Lily, thanks!  Hoping to (finally) meet you there!

Mandy, yes, sniff.  I missed Robin and I have not seen Amanda in ages and I was looking forward to that!

Cyberic, thanks for worrying about me.

Ginny, thanks!  Hoping the lungs behave from now on.  It's annoying, ha!

Jack, shucks.  Not me!  Thanks! 

OOTB, thanks!

Fuzzy, thank you!

Baboon, so long as I head in the right direction, yay.

Richard, thanks!

kettledrum, thanks, shirties!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Great job, D.

So glad you could go back and exact revenge on the course that led to your surgery.  You are tough for rebounding from those issues and continuing to battle the ever-lurking asthma.  Job well done.

Zelanie

I am so happy for you to have come back and finally gotten back under 5 despite all that you have been dealing with lately!

With all the crap going on, that doesn't change the fact that you love to run, and I know how much it means to you to be able to feel successful as well.

Sorry about the asthma, but glad you're finding ways to adapt your training at least.

hog4life

Damaris, Congrats on a strong race. You always amaze me how you push through your breathing issues.

B-Plus

Way to get revenge and congrats on the sub-5! Scary shit at the finish.

workinprogress11

Congratulations on your redemption!  I was there cheering on a friend and hoped I would miraculously run into you again at the expo or the race, but  alas, I didn't.  I'm so glad you're getting back on track and that things are looking up for you.

Docket_Rocket

Jay, thanks!

Z, awww, thanks.  Yes, I thought about quitting when the asthma first came in, but I love running too much.

Mitch, thanks.

B+, it even scared me!

workinprogress, too bad we did not get to meet again this year.  I thought of you while in the corral (since we met and hung up there before the start last year).

Some of the pics are awesome.  Here is the one of me finishing (with a floater):

Damaris

Fundraising Page