Beginners and Beyond

In case you didn't know; FriDAILIES! (Read 41 times)

LRB

6 (not @ 7:45 pace) and heavy weights done.  She had to adjust Pilates this morning due to my groin hurting and my run was not pain free.  I think it is the coughing but hope it's not a hernia or something.

I have been dealing with a groin since May. At its worst sneezing really agitated it to the point I avoided it at all costs so I can imagine what coughing does.

Hip Redux

Hey, my groin hurt today on my run too!  We're like twinsies.

Docket_Rocket

Maybe it's a dailies curse!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

LRB

Maybe it's a dailies curse!

That would require actually posting in the dailies. 

Hip Redux

That would require actually posting in the dailies. 

Pfffffft.

StepbyStep-SH

Time to quit using my wonky knee as an excuse for doing nothing but sitting on my ever-expanding backside eating Christmas candy. I will go for a short walk later this evening and then do some strength training and core work. Not sure yet if that will be at home or at the Y, which will determine whether it is with actual weights or just body weight. Either way, it will be wimpy because I haven't done any strength training in ages.

Fail. 4+ hours in the constant noise of a roller rink with DS and friends (no skating for me) resulted in basic sensory overload, wanting nothing more than my quiet home, plus my knee was getting sore.

I will make another attempt first thing tomorrow morning before I have the chance to lose motivation.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

Good luck Step!

StepbyStep-SH

Lily - Replying to your question, we've never really done "Santa" gifts, so DS knows where gifts come from and this year he was very specific about wanting one particular thing (and knowing that the $100 set of army men was NOT going to happen). So we were nice, and he did get just what he wanted. If you are really curious about it, search on Amazon for a "TimMee C130 Gunship" and read the reviews - he added one tonight. Smile

I do take glucosamine (occasionally), but I think that is more for repetitive type injuries, and this was a traumatic kind of thing. I actually had a few people in another part of this forum who commented that the way it was injured, and my history with this particular knee going back to high school, make it sound as though I might actually have a torn ligament that I can run on, but for which turning and/or jumping are a problem. Jumping, or more precisely, landing at a bad angle was the cause of my latest trouble. Note to self: Those of us "of a certain age" should not try to out-do the kiddos in frog jumps.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Hi dailies:

1 hour at GMP felt great.  Another one of those, then turn off the whining for a while longer, and it's just that easy?  That's the plan, anyway.

Another tough day at work, but the Man is giving me off tomorrow since I already hit my required hours for the week.  So naturally Imma go race Big grin