Beginners and Beyond

January Miles, Whatcha Got? (Read 113 times)

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Someday I will run again ....  Black eye

You will!

Hopefully by June - I'm coming up to run the Towpath 10-10 ten mile race in June. Hoping to see you, Bob, and maybe a couple of others when I'm there.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I've been running since 2008. It's take me a long time to get that high and I'm sure it will be at least a couple more years before I near 250-300. I try to remember that most of those high mileage peeps have been running years longer (and more competitively) than I have. We all have to start somewhere!

Yeah, patience is key (I keep reminding myself that, and I think I am finally giving into it). I started run/walking in the summer of 2010 with a group, though around 2009 I started adding some little runs while walking with my dog (during 2-3 mile walks). Through an injury in 2010 and missing what would have been my first HM, then seeing 2011 as a good year of running but getting pregnant, ran my first HM at 13 weeks pregnant, 2012 saw an injury and I limped through my 2nd HM in October at 6 months post pregnancy (who knew giving birth was like a major injury to the body Big grin ). I started back up in November, saw 60 something miles, December saw 81 and January saw 89. So hopefully by next year, I will be doing 100-150 miles a month and have a FM under my belt.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

slowrunningjulie

106. Not a PB, but pretty solid for me. I am happy.

Upcoming:

July 27 - San Francisco marathon

lilflute86

I got to 95 miles midway through January, but haven't been able to run since due to a strained hamstring. I probably would have gotten around 200 had I remained intact.

My goal for February? To be able to run again period.

RSX

128.2 miles for me, but I ended the month with a tweaked hip flexor.

runmomto3boys

The Learned Foot and Mandy: I hope that both of you are able to get back out and run again soon.  Hugs!

My 400 mile months are now a distant memory.  And that's ok.  I'm damn happy I was able to run 101.

good attitude man.

like you have said its just running. keep your head up.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

hog4life

The Learned Foot and Mandy: I hope that both of you are able to get back out and run again soon.  Hugs!

+1 to this, you both will be back out there before you know it.

There are some impressive numbers being posted and a lot of PB's too. I remember when I thought 100 was an almost out-of-reach milestone, But I seem to hit that on a regular basis now. I hope soon to reach the 200 mark too.

skygazer

^^^+2, and also SRL, hope you get back to your normal mileage soon.

me,

206.8, PB for the year Big grin.

I'm doing  classical Lydiard training this cycle and am now entering the stamina (LT) phase after base building phase. But I'll keep the mileage up. So hopefully Feb mileage won't go down much.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

97.4. Had an URD a couple of days before the end of the month which lead to my sub 100 mile month. It was because we got 7 inches of snow and I had to clear my driveway before I went to work. Sad

Oh well, I'm expecting my fair share of 100+ mile months this year.

- Andrew

robinde

87.6.  Should've been better, but had a slow start to the year due to flu.  Should be much better in Feb.

tessasnewlife

10.6- which is good since I spent 3 full weeks sitting on the couch feeling sorry for myself. :-D..

Mmmmm...beer

170.5 for me,  took a lot of extra rest days trying to keep my ITB issues at bay.  Hopefully this month I can get back on track.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

buchy2009

Bjørnmannen

107 for me, a PB!

SheCan

239.  I guess I should have ran 1 more.  Or 11 more, or 61 more.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson