Beginners and Beyond

Streaking SunDAILIES (Read 35 times)

LRB

A nap took me. Now it's time to eat, but what?

bluerun

Super B****

A nap took me. Now it's time to eat, but what?

IT'S NATIONAL ICE CREAM DAY.

What I wouldn't give for a nap...

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

From the Internet.

My 10K PR has been adjusted but not entirely fixed. I'll be back and out for blood when it's not goddamn 8000 degrees with a million percent humidity.

LRB

IT'S NATIONAL ICE CREAM DAY.

lol

What wouldn't you give? 

Cyberic

Congrats Baboon, and congrats bluerun.

Ric-G

Congrats Baboon, and congrats bluerun.

Yes. Good stuff.

6 miles this morning...that is all.

marathon pr - 3:16

workinprogress11

RACE REPORT IMO:

I rocked my triathlon today.  Doing the math leading up to the race, I had decided I wanted to break 2:40.  I finished in 2:38:52.

Swim:  1600 yards at 1:54 pace.  That is FAST for me!  Still not great, but I am happy that I was smack dab in the middle of the pack instead of bringing up the rear.  I was in wave 2 and actually caught and passed a bunch of wave 1 people.  That's new for me.  I am thrilled with my swim today.

Bike:  24 miles at 19.0 mph.  12 miles down, and 12 miles up.  I was at 23 mph avg through the first half, and finished at 19 mph avg.  It is that kind of course.

Run:  6.2 miles at 7:48 pace.  The run was hot, humid, and hilly.  Just brutal.  Half mile into the thing I was wondering if I'd break a 9:00 avg pace.  I dumped water on myself at every water station.  I ended up passing 25 people on the run.

Results aren't online yet but I am anxious to see my placements.  I know I was 45 OA and 7 AG, and I was around 100 on the swim and 50 on the bike.  The run split was cut off on the results sheets.  The field is usually 300 or so.

Anyway, I ache.

Wow, nice job!  Congratulations!

D- congrats on the Chicago half marathon too. There were storms down my way about 1/2 hour south this morning. Did you see any of that?

I think I forgot to check in yesterday so 7 yesterday and 4 today. The humidity was a beast tonight even at 8pm.