Beginners and Beyond

Fridailies anyone? (Read 34 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Chicks are so cute!

I really hope this picture posts -- Miss Broody has her first chick!   He or she is a cutie!  There may still be more hatching, but I don't want to disturb her to see.

AppleMark

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

StepbyStep-SH

So many cute little ones in pictures today! FS - Dorian is adorable! And OOTB, that chick is so sweet!

It is officially taper time for me! 22.17 miles done in 3:32 (9:34 overall pace). I didn't quite get the MP miles I wanted at the end - my legs just weren't there. It doesn't bother me as much now, though after I looked at the rolling stats on my log. With today, I've run 72.4 miles in the last 7 days, and 253 miles in the last 30.

Today's splits:
      10:52 - included stopping to take off long sleeves
      9:56
      9:57
      9:50
      10:37 - stopped to stretch calves
      (bathroom/gel break)
      9:57
      9:47
      9:38
      8:35 (begin HMP miles)
      8:37
      8:33
      8:25
      8:18
      (refilled water bottle and took a gel)
      10:00
      9:44
      9:09 (begin MP miles)
      9:10
      9:06
      10:13 - stopped to get stick from my shoe, used last half of the mile as recovery
      8:56
      9:49
      11:12 - walked up a hill, waited at least 30 secs on traffic
      9:27 pace for last .17 mile

Legs REALLY hurt for about 30 minutes after I stopped, but are mostly just tired and tight now. I think I'll go for a walk around the neighborhood in a bit to loosen them up some more.

Just some math to also keep in mind from today's run (when the weatherman said it would be mostly cloudy all day, and was it was raining 10 minutes before I walked out the door):
      Long run + shorts + calf sleeves + full sun - sunscreen = some wickedly sexy tan lines. Just sayin'.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

What's a summer last there?  Two weeks?  lol

Woohoo.  Count me in.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Cute chicks!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Miss Broody has her first chick! 

AppleMark

You're a grandma! 

LRB

I think I'll go for a walk around the neighborhood in a bit to loosen them up some more.

Incredible!

Nice run!

StepbyStep-SH

Incredible!

Nice run!

Not incredible - it was either get off my backside and walk or tighten up into a wad of pain and near cramping. And it did help - walked about 1.5 miles and legs felt better at the end than the beginning.

LRB

I didn't mean it in a bad way.  Sorry.

StepbyStep-SH

I didn't mean it in a bad way.  Sorry.

I didn't take it in a bad way. You're good.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

We went for a 4 mile walk this afternoon, I think Rocky's black fur is making the sun a bit stronger on him than for me or Dorian. 75 degrees out, not bad but he was panting a lot....... sometimes I wish he could just change to a lighter color during summer.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Yay broody hen!

10.2 on the park roads at Chestnut Ridge - we've finally sustained enough warmth to melt off the unplowed snow there. Daffodil buds are coming up and spring peepers have started.  I was unsure that spring would ever arrive.

Zelanie

Cute! Is Miss Broody forever going to be called that now? Smile