Beginners and Beyond

So I have been looking for a HM in MA or NH or RI... (Read 94 times)

monkkey

I love the Fairfield Half!  It's definitely not flat but very doable and the finish at the beach is great.

The Old Sandwich Road Race in Plymouth, MA looks like fun too: http://4733.mssharepointonline.com/orsshome/SitePages/Home.aspx

bobruns

I love the Fairfield Half!  It's definitely not flat but very doable and the finish at the beach is great.

The Old Sandwich Road Race in Plymouth, MA looks like fun too: http://4733.mssharepointonline.com/orsshome/SitePages/Home.aspx

Thanks!  Good to hear something good about the Fairfield HM because I think it is going to be "the one".  Scheduling problems keep me from even looking at Plymough.

Dr. Cornsitter

I'm signing up for the Old Port Half in Portland, ME 7/14. Free beer from Shipyard is enough for me, but apparently, they've changed the course and venue to accomodate more people because it sold out so quickly last year. The course is supposed to be more scenic and Portland is a great little city and not too far into the wilderness of Maine ('bout a two hour drive from Boston, or 1.5 if you drive like a Masshole). Portland is also relatively cheap to stay in.

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

robinde

The Mad River Half in Waitsfield, VT.  Not as far from Mass as you may think.

I have a friend trying to talk me into that one.  It's quite hilly according to him.

an amazing likeness

I'm signing up for the Old Port Half in Portland, ME 7/14.  The course is supposed to be more scenic...

Oh good lord, they've destroyed the course. Uggh.  Now it's a hilly run up and down the peninsula and concrete jungle of downtown in July heat. Before it was 5mi out and 5mi back along the ocean, loop around back cove and finish at the pier.  But the after party is good, the beer's cold and view is superb. See you there.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Dr. Cornsitter

Oh good lord, they've destroyed the course. Uggh.  Now it's a hilly run up and down the peninsula and concrete jungle of downtown in July heat. Before it was 5mi out and 5mi back along the ocean, loop around back cove and finish at the pier.  But the after party is good, the beer's cold and view is superb. See you there.

Leave it up to the race marketing folks to make the new course sound like a dream. Looks like I'll have to up my hills Dead

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

Village people

Late, sorry. I just picked up the 2013 New England Runner race calender. Their is a website, www.nerunner.com

bobruns

I have a friend trying to talk me into that one.  It's quite hilly according to him.

It's not hilly at all.  THEY ARE MOUNTAINS!  I am not just saying that because I live in Florida either.  That race is not called Mad for nothing!  It is beautiful though.  I am not sorry I ran it.  It sure was an experience (but not one that I will do again...)

Just B.S.

Late, sorry. I just picked up the 2013 New England Runner race calender. Their is a website, www.nerunner.com

Look on the October page. I was sent a copy from the R.D. of the Maine marathon.

Quoted from  from an email I sent to him thank them for such a great event. He said it was the nicest email

he has rec'd in 14 years as R.D. of the race.

bobruns

I tried to get that calendar when I was up there in January and it was not out yet.  I love it.  It is handy.  It is hard to get one mailed for some reason.

Village people

I tried to get that calendar when I was up there in January and it was not out yet.  I love it.  It is handy.  It is hard to get one mailed for some reason.

Do you want me to mail you one? It just came out a week or so ago. PM me your address and I will send you mine. Then I will have to take another trip to my LRS, hehe.

RSX

Look on the October page. I was sent a copy from the R.D. of the Maine marathon.

Quoted from  from an email I sent to him thank them for such a great event. He said it was the nicest email

I got that when I ran Hyannis last week and will have to check it out.

RSX

I saw it last night. It was cool. Bag swag, I now have a new term. I will save it and give it to you in person. I know 1 of the writers, and he quoted me last year so I bought some copies.

mucknort

Putting in a plug for another Covered Bridge Race, this one in SW NH. The Swanzey Covered Bridge HM also has beautiful covered bridges, a fairly flat course, includes a post race BBQ (meat/veggie/BBQ'd corn), small (around 400), well run, takes place on Labor Day weekend each year.

http://www.elijahsrace.com/home_t1.aspx?event_id=83

Just B.S.

I saw it last night. It was cool. Bag swag, I now have a new term. I will save it and give it to you in person. I know 1 of the writers, and he quoted me last year so I bought some copies.

Harold, the R.D. sent me one in the mail. He is a very nice fellow!

We actually pronounce it "sch-wagg" for fun, but that wouldn't translate well in an email.

I'm still seeing you in person though, you can't get out of that!Smile