Beginners and Beyond

Another Week, Another Set o'SUNDAILIES (Read 52 times)

BruceD555

Sorry ... wish I had time to do shout outs to all but I gotta chase down some food and head out to pick up DW from work.

Finished my LR and felt pretty good today. I met up with some friends for the middle portion and we ran the 7 mile hill-o-rama route into a rather cold south wind. (Isn't it supposed to be warm in the south???) Ended up with 21 miles at 8:49 average pace ... a bit slower than I had wanted to hit but fine considering the hilly section.

Train smart ... race smarter.

My marathon went really well. I was freezing during most of it because the wind was at 23mph and the low 40s and that felt super cold.  I PRd but I know the PR would've been bigger had I not had a headwind for most of the way.  I'll try to do an RR soon.

Well done!

No sympathy on the weather from all of us who ran in single-digit windchills today, but that's pretty brutal conditions for a Floridian!

With a PR I am guessing that also means a cooperative respiratory system as well?

Dave

runmomto3boys

Bruce: Fantastic job on that LR!!!

Damaris: What was your time?!?!?!?!   Congrats!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

congrats Damaris! and DCDan!

Heidi I think your run today shows you are making amazing progress!!! you are one fast kick ass chick!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Hi Dailies:

Basya - hope the taper is going well.  Difficult thing to explain to non-runners..."I have to run a lot less for two weeks, and it's driving me insane."

Tom - enjoy the family dinner

Rick - similar temps here, I tried singing Margaritaville while I was running to visualize warmth.  It didn't work.

AmiK - hope that heals up quickly for you

Sparker - yum

DaveP - The More Miles Than Degrees Club... that's one I'd like to see dissolved

Scotty - hope you enjoyed that weather

Robert - easy

Kay - mmm, tirimisu.

Baboon - omg more delicious food talk, it's torture to read after a LR : )

April - enjoy the lazy sunday

Schnauzer - I've also heard rumors that it snows in Western New York.

OOTB - nice job on the race

FreeSoul - it is relaxing to have chores done and everything put away

Zelanie - congrats  on 40 mpw

Kristin - glad the ice didn't get you

PGD - fancy coffee, don't mind if I do.  Hope the dog bite isn't serious.

Sarah - what hockey team do you root for?  I am embarrassed of the Sabres this year

SIAR - monster run, in bad conditions!  Great job.

Heidi - Understandable that you're disappointed because of going out too fast, but that is still an incredible run.  I have no doubt that you will break 3:10 someday and BQ for the wrong gender Smile

DCDan - nice race

Step - yes, sunshine helps

D - congrats on the PR!

Bruce - good job on the LR

20 miles done, drove down the the 'burbs to run on dry roads.  Funny how dropping 1000' of altitude makes the snow go away.  7:17 pace overall, with roughly the last 6.5 miles at MP.

tinman11

5 miles today.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

SHIRFAN...sweet run for you too! Would be so fun to have the chance to kill a long run with you, RMT3b and myself sometime. Although I have to say, it'd be pretty cool to do a run with any of these guys and gals, regardless of the pace.

Bruce...nice stuff on your LR. Those hilly miles in the middle really make it a great run.

Glad you got some good miles in.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Docket_Rocket

Is it that bad?  Or maybe soreness?  Take care of it.

Quad still hurts. It is more of an annoying little pain. I am pretty sure it is just a muscle strain. It affects my gait. Since it affects my gait, it causes my knee to hurt the day after I run.

I am taking off running until around Wednesday. At that point I will reevaluate.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

It did!  Asthma gave me problems at Miles 25 and 26 (you'll see more in the RR) so those were slower than the rest, but otherwise, it cooperated.

And would you like to trade with more record breaking heat this week?  We're hitting 84-86F every day this week!  Fuck.

Well done!

No sympathy on the weather from all of us who ran in single-digit windchills today, but that's pretty brutal conditions for a Floridian!

With a PR I am guessing that also means a cooperative respiratory system as well?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

LOL. I'm not being secretive, just short on time.  4:34:09, so 3:09 minute PR and 20+ minute course PR.

Bruce: Fantastic job on that LR!!!

Damaris: What was your time?!?!?!?!   Congrats!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

And would you like to trade with more record breaking heat this week?  We're hitting 84-86F every day this week!  Fuck.

Hell yes!

At least then I could get my run on in the early morning hours, and could run in shorts and not 18 layers and still freeze.  This running in single digit temps shit is for the birds!

Docket_Rocket

Forgot to mention 90% humidity all week.  That makes it feels like 150F.  Still game?

Trust me.  I've run in this shit and I've run in cool shit.  Trust me, this shit is worse.

Hell yes!

At least then I could get my run on in the early morning hours, and could run in shorts and not 18 layers and still freeze.  This running in single digit temps shit is for the birds!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Just B.S.

Hell yes! 

Quadruple that statement...............I haven't felt warmth since mid-October and we are having a blizzard

right now for the 2nd weekend in a row.......3rd weekend in a row for snowstorms.  When it's not snowing

it's just plain freezing.

I am getting really sick of running in 6 layers. But April is coming soon  which means I can take off a layer,

mabe two and by mid-May we start getting into the low 50's......yipee!!!LOL

LRB

Forgot to mention 90% humidity all week.  That makes it feels like 150F.  Still game?

Trust me.  I've run in this shit and I've run in cool shit.  Trust me, this shit is worse.

An extreme is an extreme.  After running in one extreme for two months, yes I will take the other now thank you.

Just B.S.

I would take cool in a minute. I haven't felt "cool" since early October.

If you like temps way colder than what you ran in today for months on end then come on up. I guarantee

you would be buying a ticket back to Miami in less than 48 hours!LOL

I could continue this conversation but I need to get out and help hubby shovel the newest 10 inches

of snow we got today, so we can get out of the driveway in the morning!

Congrats on the new PR!

P.S. no running today. Ran 10 yesterday, couldn't face the treadmill and the blizzard like weather of course

prevented an outdoor run.