Beginners and Beyond

5K recap - my first sub-20 (Read 84 times)

Buelligan

Pretty cool!

Zelanie

Nice job winning that hill. Smile  Old age and treachery will always overcome youthful enthusiasm!  Congrats on the sub-20 and AG award!  Your excellent training pays off again.

#artbydmcbride

Congratulations!  Great job!  Smile   I always avoid hilly 5ks...what the heck, they can find 3 flat miles to put a course on!

Runners run

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Why do RD's insist on placing the hills at the end?

I always wonder what you and others could do in the 5K if you focused on that for a while instead of HMs and marathons. You show a lot of potential running sub-20 with no focused speed work and not fully recovered from a PR marathon. Looking forward to see how much faster you can run this summer.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

delicate flower

I always wonder what you and others could do in the 5K if you focused on that for a while instead of HMs and marathons. You show a lot of potential running sub-20 with no focused speed work and not fully recovered from a PR marathon. Looking forward to see how much faster you can run this summer.

I wonder about that too.

Thanks for all the comments!!  

<3

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Why do RD's insist on placing the hills at the end?

That is a great question!

(I wonder as well as I am gearing up to RD my DDs elementary school 5k... which is USATF certified and has a bitch of a hill from 2.75-3.0 miles...     it is full of ASS and not "hey thats nice let me run behind it and ogle" type either.)

Agreed, I suppose it all depends on mix of fast and slow switch muscles in dear old 'Boon.  But I am curious as well.

bluerun

Super B****

Congrats!!  And you even left a couple of seconds to spare...

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog