Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES are cold-hearted. (Read 36 times)

RunningOnSand

Onemile apparently does not get cold fingers, only cold palms.

I actually thought of her/this on my 12*F run today ("feels like" temps of -6*). As I put thumb hole shirt thing over my thumbs. And into my huge Manzella mittens . Seriously, how???!

Docket_Rocket

Lately, the cars are getting to have too many functions though.  Last thing I want is to be on cruise control at 75mph (max here on the Turnpike) and have it reduced to 60mph because there is a car in front of me three cars down.  The Volvo I had to rent after one of my accidents and the Chevy we had this weekend had that capability.  Lincoln better not do that for my next lease. 

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RunningOnSand

Lately, the cars are getting to have too many functions though.  Last thing I want is to be on cruise control at 75mph (max here on the Turnpike) and have it reduced to 60mph because there is a car in front of me three cars down.  The Volvo I had to rent after one of my accidents and the Chevy we had this weekend had that capability.  Lincoln better not do that for my next lease. 

I feel like it'll be awhile before they make that mandatory. Was it last winter that some pedestrians were killed by some of those auto-cars? The ones that do all the driving for you?

Docket_Rocket

I feel like it'll be awhile before they make that mandatory. Was it last winter that some pedestrians were killed by some of those auto-cars? The ones that do all the driving for you?

Yeah, but more and more cars are putting that thing as a great thing. It isn't.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I think that was a completely driverless car - different situation. Not sure where that'll go - such a huge adjustment for people to get used to. I'm sure it's going to fuck up and hit some people. But I bet way fewer people than human drivers will hit. However the driverless car has to just do it once, and the technology gets a big black eye.

And the cars that slow down when you get too close to the car in front of you - that seems like a good thing to me, as long as it's calibrated properly to not require an excessive amount of space.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

And the cars that slow down when you get too close to the car in front of you - that seems like a good thing to me, as long as it's calibrated properly to not require an excessive amount of space.

Yeah, but they aren't.  I mean, I don't need to have the next car be in Ft Lauderdale for me to 70mph on a fucking interstate.  WTF.  Maybe they should have an alarm for it, not decide to reduce you to 40-50mph just because.  I ended up not using the cruise control after a couple of times when I had that Volvo and my husband ran out of fucks within a day this weekend.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Yeah, but they aren't.  I mean, I don't need to have the next car be in Ft Lauderdale for me to 70mph on a fucking interstate.  WTF.  Maybe they should have an alarm for it, not decide to reduce you to 40-50mph just because.  I ended up not using the cruise control after a couple of times when I had that Volvo and my husband ran out of fucks within a day this weekend.

Or maybe you're just a chronic tailgater. 

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

10 miles. They were invigorating really cold. I think my face froze when I was going into the wind.

Docket_Rocket

Or maybe you're just a chronic tailgater. 

Ha, not at all.  People tailgate a lot here (which is how I got hit earlier last year).  Braking for tailgaters is a passtime here, BTW.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

onemile

Onemile, looking at your instagram I am so jealous!!!! Those trails look AMAZING to run on, even for hiking too lol.

It's beautiful here - tons of trails all over

I always have great intentions of keeping up my training while on vacation but that very quickly evaporates.

Yesterday I hiked 6.5 miles, drove a few hours and by the time I had time to run it was dark out so I went to the hotel treadmill for 7 miles.

Today I've been walking around all day, including a 5 mile hike on a trail, some shopping, etc. And now I'm beat.    I should go get on the treadmill again but...

If I was here by myself I would have run already today but I did stuff with my mom instead...

onemile

I actually thought of her/this on my 12*F run today ("feels like" temps of -6*). As I put thumb hole shirt thing over my thumbs. And into my huge Manzella mittens . Seriously, how???!

I would wear one of those stretchy $1 gloves from target in 12!

It's beautiful here - tons of trails all over

I went to the hotel treadmill for 7 miles.

Gack, onemile and Baboon both on the treadmill, what’s the world coming to?

Dave

Cyberic

Gack, onemile and Baboon both on the treadmill, what’s the world coming to?