Beginners and Beyond

Thursday 3/9 - Snow? Oh hell no! (Read 33 times)

onemile

Damn I'm tired.

Too tired to even check out the shoe deals.

2 X 2mile - first two at HM, second two at 10K pace with 3 minutes between.

Not that I'd try to run a HM at that pace.

McMillan said 7:45 and 7:20.

Did it, but damn I'm tired.

Nice!

onemile

I ran 8

LRB

Damn I'm tired.

Too tired to even check out the shoe deals.

2 X 2mile - first two at HM, second two at 10K pace with 3 minutes between.

Not that I'd try to run a HM at that pace.

McMillan said 7:45 and 7:20.

Did it, but damn I'm tired.

Think I would've hopped in the car after that first set. lol

#tough

LRB

Ooo. Runningwarehouse sales! I used to run in the Saucony Omni and they were okay, but I've been running in the Hoka Infinite and really like them except, 1. The Hoka soles are too low or something and both pairs I've developed blisters on my inside arch. I've replaced the soles with my saucony soles and problem is solved, but I'm irritated about paying that much for a shoe and then needing different soles and 2. My first pair around 200 miles the mesh is starting to come undone, which I've never had happen on other shoes. So idk..I'm tempted to try something else

Sounds like a lot of work!

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 in shorts & short sleeves. The snow is heading this way, should be here in the morning. Just seems wrong.

Onemile, poor Bruno.

delicate flower

I got to ride outside.  20 miles done.  45 degrees and windy.  That is tricky to dress for on the bike.

<3

GinnyinPA

Onemile - our Ben is like Bruno.  He gets excited and starts to bark, which scared the other dogs away.  Funny thing is he hates to be barked at himself, and will walk off whenever a dog barks at him, even when it is a very submissive young dog and just trying to be playful.

Bluesky - that sounds like a good one.  I don't do the kinds of workouts that the rest of you do, but I'm starting to take notes of ones that sound possible.

5.5 easy miles, in town so the wind was blocked.  It helped.

I used the Fastwitch at one point for shorter races but the new model didn't have enough support and also I stopped tolerating the lower drop on them.  So now for intervals / shorter distances I am using the Adios and for longer tempos and marathons, the Tempo.

So I realize it's unthinkable for you to race in any of the shoes I've ever worn, but I had been using the Ravennas, so now I need to decide whether to use the Adrenalines or Ghosts. I don't suppose it matters much.

Dave

onemile

So I realize it's unthinkable for you to race in any of the shoes I've ever worn, but I had been using the Ravennas, so now I need to decide whether to use the Adrenalines or Ghosts. I don't suppose it matters much.

It looks like the Adrenaline is a little heavier but not by much.  Maybe it's time to get some racing shoes?

It looks like the Adrenaline is a little heavier but not by much.  Maybe it's time to get some racing shoes?

I was pretty sure you were going to say that.

Dave

From the Internet.

Ever tried the Bostons?

I haven't tried the Tempos cuz I read they have this narrow toe box and they're pretty much like the Bostons.

And a question for onemile and baboon (and other Adidas shoes users)... how many miles do you get out of them? I get incredible mileage out of them. The Continental sole is very wear resistant, and the Boost midsole seems to keep its properties longer.

I have a pair of Supernova Glide 7s (trainers) at 884 miles, and counting 

I have a pair of Boston Boost 5s at 650 miles and counting

I never went over 600 miles before with any other pair of shoes.

At 10mm drop, they're really my goto shoes right now. I have about a year's worth of them (Adidas shoes) in barely worn and brand new shoes still after I'm done with the two pairs mentioned before.

Since they went to the Boost midsole for the majority of their shoes, I get insane-for-me mileage. With the shoes I wear, I normally expect ~250 - I rotate in a new pair shortly before that point and retire the old pair when I notice them causing me aches and pains that I can't attribute to normal training stress.

I just started rotating in a new pair of Tempos so I can wear them on race day, but my old pair doesn't feel totally toasted yet and I'm at 344.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Bluesky - that sounds like a good one.  I don't do the kinds of workouts that the rest of you do, but I'm starting to take notes of ones that sound possible.

5.5 easy miles, in town so the wind was blocked.  It helped.

I scale back a lot of the workouts in Hudson's book (Onemile, LRB and Bluesky use their coaching service). I like the book--it seems more accommodating of all levels of runners.