Beginners and Beyond

The 2015 Chapman Univ. 5K (Read 39 times)

You Rang?

Thank you all for your kind words.  To borrow from Dr. Seuss.  A PR is a PR, no matter how small!

I would like to run that someday...

C'mon out!  The race isn't all that expensive even with Rock n Roll managing it.  It's also flatter and faster than Chapman!

I miss those days!

Congrats on the PR!

Me too.    I was under the impression that I was still in that period of running  I guess not.

You didn't get that sub-25, but you're rocking the calf high tube socks, so you've got that going for you.

Both the socks and the shirt were made of cotton.  That's what did it.  That's where I picked up the extra two seconds.  It was the added weight from the cotton socks and shirt.   Thanks for pointing that out.

Wait..you did 25-something and you were still 7th in your age group?  Dang, you got some speedy folks in your age group!

You mean to tell me Scottydog, that a 25:00 5k will get a male aged 45 - 49 on the podium where you live?  Where do you live?  San Antonio?  I'll be right over....

Awww, sorry you just missed it, but you still did well and ran good splits.  And of course it's up to you, but I don't see any reason why you couldn't take another whack at a 5k in the next few weeks. 

Also, update your sig line! Smile

I don't do a lot of 5ks.  I prefer my pain to be slower and less intense.  I'll update my sig line as soon as I figure out how.

Was this a flat course?

Yes.  Flat as a pancake.  It's all city streets.  The Carlsbad 5000 is even flatter (if that's possible) and has less turns in it.

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)