Beginners and Beyond

Mobile Monday Penguins (Read 22 times)

GinnyinPA

Awood - sounds like you are ready for your race to get here.  Good job slowing down.  I have a really hard time doing that.

Damaris - good news on getting cleared.  I can't believe you ran a half so soon after surgery.  How did your body behave?  Is the pain all gone?

Bin - sounds like a fun vacation.  Will you do a RR on your 10k PR?  Congratulations in any case.

Jimmy - yay for the 100 mile month.  Painting the room while the weather is nice was good.  And it certainly qualifies as exercise.

Lauren - much colder here too.  When we walked Ben at noon it was only 30.  I can't imagine trying a dawn run. Good job.

HM - I hope the roller and the extra effort on PT does help your knees.  Dancing in pain is not a lot of fun.

Mitch - two runs today and you're switching to night shift.  Where do you get all that energy?  Can you spare some?

Z - good luck getting into the race.  I hope your spring break is a good one.

Margo - yes, it is cold outside, but it should warm up a little.  Good luck getting your run in.  How much snow are you expecting tomorrow?

Scotty - that is a big hill for a 5k.  Enjoy your rest day today.  Don't let the wind blow you away.

AFM:  Rest day here too.  Woke up a bit stiff and sore after yesterday's long run, but it eased when we took Ben for his walk. I hope to get a little yoga in later to stretch out the muscles.  One problem with driving someplace to run, I never get a chance to really stretch at the end.  By the time I get home, I'm cold and desperate for a cup of tea and a hot shower.

Singer who runs a smidge

I am still trying to sort out the bills from my brief hospital stay back in November.  The hospital itself was really good -- high quality care, intelligent docs, great nurses, etc.  The billing department, on the other hand, has been hopelessly incompetent.

Bill for labwork, $22.13, paid Jan 2

Bill for labwork, $22.13, paid Jan 24 (I didn't realize at this point that I was paying the bill twice.  But I did record it.)

Received second notice that my $22.13 is due.  This happened last month some time.  I called and was told it was a mistake, there was a zero balance on the account.

Received third notice that my $22.13 is due, 3-22.  I called this morning, and they have no record of either of my previous $22.13 payments.  I pulled up my bank records and told them when the payments were submitted.  She still has no record.  She says maybe they were sent to Martha Jefferson Hospital instead of Martha Jefferson Medical Group, and logs into the hospital records.  They applied one of the $22.13 payments to another bill because I paid it twice.  She says they should've received the payment, not the hospital.  She doesn't know why, when I called about the second notice, I was told there was a zero balance.

"So you're telling me that I need to pay this bill again."

"No ma'am, that's not what I'm telling you at all."

"So what are you telling me?"
      (Pause ...)

"I'll call the hospital myself and try to get it transferred."

"Ok, then."

So since I'm pretty much convinced they can't tell their asses from a hole in the ground, I've sent them a payment for $22.13.

Again.

I expect in six months or so, I may receive a refund for $22.13. 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Got a nice surprise Sunday night.  One of the owners of one of the local running stores e-mailed me to offer me free entry into some upcoming races his store is putting on.  So I now have free entry into 3 upcoming races over the year, including the very popular Shiner Beer Run 5K in November, which always sells out quickly every year, as it starts and finishes at the Shiner Brewery in Shiner TX and there are a TON of goodies post race, includng, of course, Shiner beer.   Nice!   There is also a half-marathon event.  I like doing the 5K...we get back before the half marathon folks and have first go at the goodies.  .

Ginny, keep a mat in your car.  I put one of those exercise mats - pretty generic, you can buy them just about any sports store, Target, Walmart, etc -  in the back of my vehicle and then after I run, I take that out and sit/lie on it to do my post-run stretches. Works nicely and keeps me off any cold/wet ground.

I have a feeling your legs are gonna make TOAST of the Oak Barrel Half, Awood!

Dang, Damaris, you're already doing a HALF now, so soon after surgery?  Does your doc know you are misbehaving?    You and Baboon on the dailies must be the King and Queen of Post-Surgery Comeback!   Yay for being cleared!

It's star wars themed and it's going to look awesome.  Cool!  Jimmy, does it make lightsabre and laser sound effects too? 

Dang, Lauren, congrats on even getting out there in that!

Glad your knee is feeling better, HsM!  Hope your Roly-Poly thing arrives soon and works great for you!

Bin, it still cracks me up that Hong Kong has a Disneyland.  But hey, why not?  It's a small world after all!   But...since it's in Hong Kong...why does the park have a Main Street USA     Dang...that is sad about the plane...I have not been on the news sites for a couple days, so had not heard this...sorry to hear this; not unexpected, but still sorry to hear it, and feel for the loss of the passengers' families.

Congrats on the success of your race, Mitch.  It is a lot of hard work getting an event together, kudos to you and all your volunteers, etc!   You going to be "The Man" again next year?

Count your blessings, Margo.  Sometimes you don't wanna see the outside from work.  I sit right by a big floor to ceiling window......and sometimes I look up and out...and there can be some really nasty things to be seen  that you just DON'T WANT TO SEE when you look up at the 'wrong' moment.. ....like university maintenance worker butt-crack when they're out there working on the sprinklers, lawn, shrubbery, etc.... oh my eyes, my eyes! 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Awood - sounds like you are ready for your race to get here.  Good job slowing down.  I have a really hard time doing that.

Damaris - good news on getting cleared.  I can't believe you ran a half so soon after surgery.  How did your body behave?  Is the pain all gone?

Bin - sounds like a fun vacation.  Will you do a RR on your 10k PR?  Congratulations in any case.

Jimmy - yay for the 100 mile month.  Painting the room while the weather is nice was good.  And it certainly qualifies as exercise.

Lauren - much colder here too.  When we walked Ben at noon it was only 30.  I can't imagine trying a dawn run. Good job.

HM - I hope the roller and the extra effort on PT does help your knees.  Dancing in pain is not a lot of fun.

Mitch - two runs today and you're switching to night shift.  Where do you get all that energy?  Can you spare some?

Z - good luck getting into the race.  I hope your spring break is a good one.

Margo - yes, it is cold outside, but it should warm up a little.  Good luck getting your run in.  How much snow are you expecting tomorrow?

Scotty - that is a big hill for a 5k.  Enjoy your rest day today.  Don't let the wind blow you away.

AFM:  Rest day here too.  Woke up a bit stiff and sore after yesterday's long run, but it eased when we took Ben for his walk. I hope to get a little yoga in later to stretch out the muscles.  One problem with driving someplace to run, I never get a chance to really stretch at the end.  By the time I get home, I'm cold and desperate for a cup of tea and a hot shower.

Thanks.  everything felt OK.  No pain.  I was racing at hubby's pace so no idea if I hurt at my pace but I don't think so.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Got a nice surprise Sunday night.  One of the owners of one of the local running stores e-mailed me to offer me free entry into some upcoming races his store is putting on.  So I now have free entry into 3 upcoming races over the year, including the very popular Shiner Beer Run 5K in November, which always sells out quickly every year, as it starts and finishes at the Shiner Brewery in Shiner TX and there are a TON of goodies post race, includng, of course, Shiner beer.   Nice!   There is also a half-marathon event.  I like doing the 5K...we get back before the half marathon folks and have first go at the goodies.  .

Ginny, keep a mat in your car.  I put one of those exercise mats - pretty generic, you can buy them just about any sports store, Target, Walmart, etc -  in the back of my vehicle and then after I run, I take that out and sit/lie on it to do my post-run stretches. Works nicely and keeps me off any cold/wet ground.

I have a feeling your legs are gonna make TOAST of the Oak Barrel Half, Awood!

Dang, Damaris, you're already doing a HALF now, so soon after surgery?  Does your doc know you are misbehaving?    You and Baboon on the dailies must be the King and Queen of Post-Surgery Comeback!   Yay for being cleared!

It's star wars themed and it's going to look awesome.  Cool!  Jimmy, does it make lightsabre and laser sound effects too? 

Dang, Lauren, congrats on even getting out there in that!

Glad your knee is feeling better, HsM!  Hope your Roly-Poly thing arrives soon and works great for you!

Bin, it still cracks me up that Hong Kong has a Disneyland.  But hey, why not?  It's a small world after all!   But...since it's in Hong Kong...why does the park have a Main Street USA     Dang...that is sad about the plane...I have not been on the news sites for a couple days, so had not heard this...sorry to hear this; not unexpected, but still sorry to hear it, and feel for the loss of the passengers' families.

Congrats on the success of your race, Mitch.  It is a lot of hard work getting an event together, kudos to you and all your volunteers, etc!   You going to be "The Man" again next year?

Count your blessings, Margo.  Sometimes you don't wanna see the outside from work.  I sit right by a big floor to ceiling window......and sometimes I look up and out...and there can be some really nasty things to be seen  that you just DON'T WANT TO SEE when you look up at the 'wrong' moment.. ....like university maintenance worker butt-crack when they're out there working on the sprinklers, lawn, shrubbery, etc.... oh my eyes, my eyes! 

I already DID the half marathon.  Ha.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

HsM- Probably you will get a letter that says that you have a $22.13 balance, but that they don't mail refunds for amounts under $25.   Hopefully it does get worked out!  We have a similar issue with insurance not paying for DH's visit to the sleep doc because the doctor used the wrong code on the bill.  We've asked for her to change it, and they say they will, but then in doesn't get done.  Meanwhile, we've just paid the bill because we don't want it going to collections.