Beginners and Beyond

Oy, it's the Thursdailies already (Read 42 times)

Runshortii

I ran 9 with 3 x (1.5 mi @ 7:30, 0.5 mi @ 7:15 ). It felt harder than I thought it would feel. I can run 7 miles @ MP in a 17 mi LR and then drop 3 7:30 miles and it feels fine, but one 7:30 mile on just a regular tempo run feels hard as fuck . Everything is melting and half the sidewalks are like flowing rivers

Docket_Rocket

Lots of need today for a high five emoji.  That is impressive!  How early did you have to start to get 16 miles in before work?

I am working from home so I only needed to start at 6:30am.  The rest I can make up by working a bit later today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

I ran 9 with 3 x (1.5 mi @ 7:30, 0.5 mi @ 7:15 ). It felt harder than I thought it would feel. I can run 7 miles @ MP in a 17 mi LR and then drop 3 7:30 miles and it feels fine, but one 7:30 mile on just a regular tempo run feels hard as fuck . Everything is melting and half the sidewalks are like flowing rivers

based on a lot of your comments I think we are very similar runners

Runshortii

based on a lot of your comments I think we are very similar runners

You’re an awesome runner so I’ll take that as a compliment 

RunningOnSand

ZZY, holy shiz. That's the fastest you've ever done the stair challenge. Nice job!

Baboon, another holy shiz. That's a looooong time to swim. I bow down...swimming is hard AF. 

And Docket, those are some amazing miles for a Thursday morning. WTG.

Shortii, nice workout. I also think that once your body is able to get into a groove it's easier, even if it's longer.

I ran 5, outside. It's the last of the nicer days. Sigh.

You’re an awesome runner so I’ll take that as a compliment 

Cheesehead love-fest!

Dave

sdWhiskers

5 easy miles after work. I saw either a large worm or baby snake wriggling across the sidewalk. Ewww either way!

Coastal

ZZY:  Dang nice consistency, and congrats on crushing the PR.

ROS:  My boss recommended that I get one of those robot vacuum things.  Think I can manage to trip over one?  

2 miles on the TM as a test run.  Did the first with the Chopat knee thing.  Knee bugged a bit so I stopped at one mile and took it off.  Did the next mile and it felt a lot better.  Was tempted to push on but decided it was a good test.  Also did the leg/hip workout.  Will have to see how things feel in the morning.