Beginners and Beyond

Multi-Day Wednesday Penguins (Read 23 times)

Brilliant

Oh, I can see why the brace might be helpful!

GinnyinPA

PAD - nice job on the early run.

D - enjoy your tempo run tonight. Did D decide to join you in Paris after all.

Scotty - take it easy and let your body have some rest.  Hope you feel better soon.

Z - I'm glad your track workout went well.  After all your hard training for the marathon, you should do well on the 10 miler.

Jack - enjoy your easy miles later

HM - ouch on the chaffing from your brace.  I hope you get it figured out.  Have fun at rehearsal.

Jerry - I hope you get a run in later.

Brilliant - nice MLR.  Sounds like you recovered quickly from your half

AFM:  heading out in a few minutes to run 8 miles from home to the grocery across town.  DH will meet me there with the car and my coat.  Today is supposed to get warm (40s) before we drop into the deep freeze again tomorrow.  I just hope the sidewalks in town have been cleared.  All of our snows have been little ones -- 2 inches or so -- but it has added up over the past 10 days and last year I learned that town can be more treacherous than the country roads..

tracilynn

3 slow n easy done. About to do some XT =squats and planks.  Shins are bugging me a little but ankle and ITB are back to normal.

50s today then bitter wind cold & snow Tomorrow then back in the 60s this weekend 

~~~~~~~

Traci

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats on the 6 miles, PAD.

Good luck with your miles, Damaris and for those 5 fast ones I hope you are faster than MP, whomever he/she is.... 

Glad you're track work went well, Zelanie and that you seem to have fully recovered from your marathon.  Nope, I can't turn in my fat  card until  I get down to about 175 - 180...that will probably be about the 12th of Never...

Happy 5 recovery miles, Jack!

HsM, just some kind of shot to boost my immune system a bit - maybe B-vitamins or something like that?  I actually forgot to ask, lol...I am a trusting soul.when it comes to my military docs..    Sorry about your brace rubbing...hope your sleeve works to resolve that!

Yeah, Jerry, my arm hurts a bit, all right...I hope that doesn't last 5 days!   Enjoy your time with your DD.  Hey, pick her up from the train and then you and her can run home...that'll get your run in...I bet she will be so impressed too....

It wasn't all THAT cold, Brilliant...it was around 41 degrees, the wind just made it feel a bit chillier...and I did wear my gloves and - even though I HATE HATE HATE wearing hats - my winter waterproof cap to keep my head dry;  and I had 3 upper layers on;  so I felt okay.  The run/walk yesterday was actually good...it was the fatigue that hit me later that sucked.   Nice going on the 9.5 miles, you are turning into a running machine!

Hope your 8 miles to the store went well, Ginny!  And that your weather cooperated.  And then you're going shopping after the run?  That counts as  x-training...log it! 

Traci, sorry the shin is acting up again, but glad everything else is behaving.

Well, my half-day of work today is over, so time for me to get outta here and go home and rest (theoretically )...I may just stop at the Y on the way home for just a very small/short run or walk...and, of course, it will be VERY easy

- altho as slow as I run now anyway, I can't imagine how much slower I can make myself go...but hey, maybe turtles and snails may even pass me along the way....

Here is our forecast for the next week, starting from today...not too bad...

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Singer who runs a smidge

Scotty's weather =

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

PAD - nice job on the early run.

D - enjoy your tempo run tonight. Did D decide to join you in Paris after all.

Scotty - take it easy and let your body have some rest.  Hope you feel better soon.

Z - I'm glad your track workout went well.  After all your hard training for the marathon, you should do well on the 10 miler.

Jack - enjoy your easy miles later

HM - ouch on the chaffing from your brace.  I hope you get it figured out.  Have fun at rehearsal.

Jerry - I hope you get a run in later.

Brilliant - nice MLR.  Sounds like you recovered quickly from your half

AFM:  heading out in a few minutes to run 8 miles from home to the grocery across town.  DH will meet me there with the car and my coat.  Today is supposed to get warm (40s) before we drop into the deep freeze again tomorrow.  I just hope the sidewalks in town have been cleared.  All of our snows have been little ones -- 2 inches or so -- but it has added up over the past 10 days and last year I learned that town can be more treacherous than the country roads..

He is NEVER running a marathon, EVER! Said him, so no.  He is going because I cannot travel without him, pfffttt.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Afternoon all!  Just did my first speedwork ever - it didn't suck too terribly, so I must not have done it right =D

I did 2 miles warmup, 2x800 at 5k pace (with 800 easy jog between), 1 mile cooldown.  This was on the treadmill which is maybe what made it easier - since the treadmill does like half of the work of running for you.

I'm a bit short on time today - heading out for a late lunch with a friend, then meeting with a student, and seeing Book of Mormon (on Broadway) afterwards.  It should be a fun evening =D

I hope everyone is having a wonderful hump day.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Singer who runs a smidge

He is NEVER running a marathon, EVER! Said him, so no.  He is going because I cannot travel without him, pfffttt.

It's always nice to have someone to hold your bag ...

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

From the Internet.

Hi pens!

Went to PT this morning, did a bunch of exercises to strengthen and/or activate my glutes and had my first dry needling treatment - didn't hurt, but the muscle contractions that happen from the sore/tight spots being poked with needles feel super weird. The muscles involved are a little sore now, which she warned me usually happens, but I did 3 miles on the treadmill at the gym a little while ago and I feel like I have a whole new left leg once I get moving. A++ would definitely get poked with needles again Smile

tracilynn

Lauren- The needling sounds so scary. I would have a panic attack beforehand. Good to know it wasn't that bad. Sounds promising!

~~~~~~~

Traci

Singer who runs a smidge

I give up (again).  The brace helps the pain, but it absolutely doesn't stay in place.  And it's too much money to spend on something that kinda works.

Robert31320

Team TJ

I slept in this morning and planned to run this afternoon. Today at work I was up and down stairs continually for 2 hours so I'm counting that as my workout for the day. Thanks to running, I didn't die doing all the stairs and was able to laugh and my coworker who was blowing like up a storm

Running for TJ because he can't.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

5 miles on the track for us.  Not our favorite track since the corners are flat,  but nothing hurts.  Even the shin splints are better.  Turns out DD got a ride from a new BF who coveniently left before we got home.

Bringing up the rear Penguin about ready to shut down.

Ran a 3 mile two run this morning before the light snow came. Supposed to be frigid tomorrow.

Love hearing about everyone's day to day adventurers. Keep up the good work my friends.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Bringing up the rear Penguin about ready to shut down.

Ran a 3 mile two run this morning before the light snow came. Supposed to be frigid tomorrow.

Love hearing about everyone's day to day adventurers. Keep up the good work my friends.

Well, Kathleen you look good in the rear!  Wait a minute...that came out wrong... 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt