Beginners and Beyond

Runner attacked by Lion, Killed it (Read 34 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

I saw that. I want to know how he killed it.

Cyberic

Colorado Parks and Wildlife officers confirmed through a necropsy that a jogger on Horsetooth Mountain in Larimer County survived a rare attack by a young mountain lion by suffocating the animal to death.

onemile

Colorado Parks and Wildlife officers confirmed through a necropsy that a jogger on Horsetooth Mountain in Larimer County survived a rare attack by a young mountain lion by suffocating the animal to death.

KCRuns

Note to self, do more strength training

sdWhiskers

Note to self, only run with slower runners

KCRuns

Note to self, only run with slower runners

LOL, you win

RunningOnSand

And also: note to self: do not run in CO mountains.

When we were in the Black Hills last summer, there was this great running trail (Mickelson Trail?) and it said cougar or mt. lion attacks had happened, and to watch out. Freaked me out.

I can't believe he suffocated the cat. Oh my word. 

Docket_Rocket

Woah.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Man, can you imagine if Baboon got a hold of it?  He's killing everything lately, that sucker wouldn't stand a chance. 

LRB

Man, can you imagine if Baboon got a hold of it?  He's killing everything lately, that sucker wouldn't stand a chance. 

Yes, I'm pretty sure Boon was the runner in question. Something to the effect of, eat dust and die was heard slightly before the beast began gagging.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I can imagine the fight, even with an 80 lb adolescent. He had to have wrapped his arms around its throat and squeezed as hard as he could, I do feel sorry for the young lion but he did make the mistake of attacking someone strong enough to fight back.

We get mountain lion sightings in Indiana, usually closer to Indy or at least between Indy and here. No attacks though, just sightings. I am so glad that all I have to worry about are coyotes, bobcats, deer and dogs. I don't know if I would have become a runner if I lived in states with mountain lions or bears that actually live, breed and raise their young in that area.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

old Dave

I'm your huckleberry

I wonder if he was wearing Pumas?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Supposedly the necropsy came back and they claim the cat was only 3-4 months old and barely 24 lbs but since it looked scavenged they guessed it could have been 40 lbs. I'm not familiar with these cats so I don't know what the average size 3-4 month old is, but I am beginning to wonder if this man really needed to kill it.

PRs

Docket_Rocket

I don’t blame him. You are not rationally analyzing if it’s a baby and whether there are other ways. If I am not the lion whisperer I’m going to attempt survival and fuck the rest.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page