Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES (Read 47 times)

delicate flower

Thanks for all the nice comments and feedback in the dailies today.  Sorry to hijack the thread!

<3

LRB

I have no advice for Boon. I'll just be cheering for him to do his best. Whatever that is.

Docket_Rocket

Thanks for all the nice comments and feedback in the dailies today.  Sorry to hijack the thread!

Hijack?  It's your day, so go ahead!  And you better high five me now since you never answered! 

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

cue Damaris in three, two, one...

Hilarious, hahahaha!

Docket_Rocket

Hilarious, hahahaha!

Especially since the next post was mine!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Sigh, my mom's car broke down and she all of a sudden has no $ (no idea what she did with the $ my dad gave her on my behalf since he was leaving for Miami).  I can send her $ in minutes, if the fucking systems weren't down and I can't do anything right now to send her or help her any.  US, get your shit together, eh!

Anyway, she was lucky enough to be there in the supermarket when they brought ice so she didn't need to make an 8 hour line for it and has now tasted cold water for the first time in 5 weeks.  This makes me sad but she won't come to Miami...

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Especially since the next post was mine!

Exactly! Mentioning Florida weather in the dailies is like a summons to the fierce Florida lawyer from PR goddess!

Docket_Rocket

Damaris

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Hijack?  It's your day, so go ahead!  And you better high five me now since you never answered! 

I'm all about the high fives!  Don't take it personally if I look like hell and don't smile when doing it.  Smile

<3

You earned it.

I think your marathon goal is smart - I was exactly gonna throw out there that 3:15 gives you BQ-10 and PR, and much more than that is just gravy. But you probably have a solid 3:10 in you. Depending on weather of course 64 at the start sounds damn warm. And I'm guessing it's not gonna be a dry 64.

IDK about this steam train deal. But I was once asked to do this weird race where some kind of truck started 30 min after all the runners, and followed the course at some fixed speed. When the truck caught up to you, you were done. Your result was the distance you made, and the winner was the last one to get caught. I didn't run it because it was too close to a marathon I was doing. But I looked at it, and it was a seriously complicated algebra problem to figure out what pace you should target.

Dave

Cyberic

But I looked at it, and it was a seriously complicated algebra problem to figure out what pace you should target.

Smile Sounds like a nice math problem to solve!

Of course, you could also just run faster and longer than the others and not do the math. Probably even more effective.

Smile Sounds like a nice math problem to solve!

Of course, you could also just run faster and longer than the others and not do the math. Probably even more effective.

Well yeah, running faster than everyone else pretty much works for any race.

Dave

RunningOnSand

HMP is a tricky one for me. I either have it and feel as if I can run it forever, or it's a bear and I feel like there's no way I can run 13 of them shits. lol

this is usually me